Cheap wind tester

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by jeffw51, Sep 17, 2007.

1. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    go to walmart or any drug store go to the section where they keep the travel size stuff.buy the travel size baby powder its cheap 75-85cents it works great and you turn the lid to close it off its perfect for bow hunting.

2. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I always keep a piece of sewing thread with a small bird feather on it on my stabilizer.

3. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    After you use up the baby powder put corn starch in the bottle. You won't smell as fresh as a babys butt but thats OK.;)
    have a good one
    just

4. crmule

crmule New Member

State:
    Orange City Florida
    Baby power smells too strong ,You might as well stand up and yell . try dumping out the smelly stuff ,wash out the bottle and refill with corn starch . NO SMELL.
    CR Mule

5. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    excellent idea on the cornstarch charles,i play the wind, so while i check my down wind side i still expect and set up so deer will not wind me,i tried yelling in one direction before but it takes lots of practice.anything to improve and if cornstarch smells better to deer ,ill use it thanx charles

6. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I'm like Scott. I keep a small turkey feather tied to the end of my bow. I also put one on a branch below my tree stands to keep track of the wind at ground level.