Cheap truck/car

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by catfishcrazyjr, Mar 13, 2007.

1. catfishcrazyjr

catfishcrazyjr New Member

i am looking for a cheap truck here in Oklahoma sold my truck in november do to i had a company truck that i drove for a few years and my suburban was just sitting and rotting away so i sold it to the kid down the street that begged for it and low and 3 weeks later i lost my job and the company truck did not want the job anymore but did like having the truck lol so know i need to find a truck so i can go and get a real job again full size or small it don't matter
  2. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

Define cheap.

And are you able to do repairs on your truck or do you send them to the shop?

For $500 you should be able to get into something that runs....BUt you will be working on it alot. Around $1000 or more you should be able to find something that is semi-reliable.

I would keep an eye on the paper. We bought an old toyota car from a lady who was pregnant and really needed to come up with some cash. If I remember right we got it for $400. It had a few problems that she could not afford to fix with shop rates the way they are. I don't think it cost but $100 in parts and it was running like a champ in under 3 hours.

Let me know how much you are wanting to spend and I may be able to find you something. Me and a few friends have a shop that we work in our spare time and come across some good deals. For instance I can get an 1990 full size Bronco for $800 with a new motor.... motor needs to be put in.There are a few other problems but they are not bad. I would say for a bit over $1500 you could have it running and get a set of used tires on it.