Cheap plain ol' braided line?

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by slimepig, Sep 26, 2006.

1. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    sofar after lots n lots of net searchin, the closest ive come is green spot. Im just wanting 2-300 yds of regular old timey braided fishin line like my granddaddy put on his baitcaster. seems all there is anymore is that expensive power pro or spiderwire stuff. dont want that. just a cheap basic braided line 36-50 lb test less than $10 for 200-300 yds. mason would prolly do, but havent found a spool over 50 yds yet.

2. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Try Bass Pro... They have offshore angler in yellow and it's alot cheaper than the others.. I've been using the 15 kg. ( 35 lb ) and landed a 44 lb flatty with no problems.. It comes on a 300 meter spool for around 15.00.

3. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I am guessing youre talking about braided nylon squidder line not the braided spectra superlines? I have sen that line at a couple of walmarts and a bait shop or two but they dont have it everywere like they used to. I have seen it at most sporting goods stores it shouldnt be too hard to find.

4. Larry Collier

Larry Collier New Member

State:
    Wagoner, Oklahoma
    I've watched around here for months and the local stores are all carrying the spiderwire and other brands of the new braids. I have two reels spooled with braided dacron at 30+ lb the best I remember. I would like to replace the mono on my other reels with something similar but I sure hate to spend the big bucks for the little spools of the high dollar stuff. If I fished the local bassin jackpot tourney every Wednesday like my brother I could understand spooling up a small bass reel. But my Penn 9's would need a loan at the bank to do all of them!!

Larry

5. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    ehhh nevermind on the cheap stuff i guess. I went ahead and got the powerpro. It wasnt that expensive i guess. I got the 65# (16# mono dia) for $13. It only had 150 yards, so I just pulled about half of the #50 mono off o my penn#9 n spliced into it. The diameter is still a lil smaller than what I want, but i think itll do. havent casted it yet, but it looks good though.

6. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    You wont be dissapointed Power Pro Is probly the best line Ive ever used stren's super braid is right up there ....but the highest #test Ive seen it in is 40#.

7. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    Some of the tackle shops still carry the mason brand braid which I use the 50lb on a couple of my bigger reels and I've been getting it in a package of two 50 yard spools connected together like almost all the braids did years ago. Its good line.

8. wigginsdano59

wigginsdano59 New Member

State:
    alabama
    take in consideration many of your older cheap braids are flat, therefore cutting grooves in your reel and the guides on your rod. i believe power pro is an excellent option.