Cheap Fishing Reels?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by kat buster, Jul 4, 2006.

1. kat buster

kat buster New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I am broke right know and cant afford a abu garcia 6500. So can any body tell me a good reel for about 30 dollars. I was looking at a shakespear tidewater.

2. kurt

kurt New Member

State:
    ohio
    Do you already have casting rods or would you consider using a spinning outfit. You can get some pretty nice spinning reels for only $20-25

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

tidewaters pretty good according to the fella's here. But the post before me had a good point also.

4. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    The Tidewaters are great reels for the money. Get them at Wall Mart that way you can take them back if you don't like them.

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I have heard great things about the Tidewater but never tried it. Good luck brother, I feel your pain on the money situation.

6. catter5000

catter5000 New Member

State:
    TULSA,OK
    Several members use this reel and for the most part they say they like it.I have a 30L spooled with 30lb and I think it is a good reel.It cast good and has a loud clicker.The drag holds good on an 18lb hunk of lead I use for checking drags.For 30 bucks you can't beat it.I also have purchased several good Penn reels on EBAY for less than $30,including shipping,just another option?

7. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    I have a Tidewater, and I think it is excellent. If possible though, I would save an extra 10 dollars (for shipping) and order one from catfish connection (www.catfishconncetion.com), which seem to be much better than the ones you can get at Wal Mart. If you can't do that though, the Wal Mart Tidewaters would be just fine. I hope you can find something that suites your needs :smile2:

8. BoG

BoG Member

State:
    Delaware
    Name:
    Bo
    Have you seen the Roddy by Penn? Levelwind, bait clicker. Bought one for about $30 but have not had a fish on it yet. All the other Penns I have are solid and take abuse, but can't vouch for this one yet.

Bo

9. kat buster

kat buster New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Hey ever one thanks for the info. I have a spinning combo from cabela's. Its the king kat one. I got the rod and reel for 30 dollars. They seem to be really strong but I have yet to catch any thing with them.:eek:oooh: