Cheap boat mods.

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by camden_blumenschein, Jun 24, 2007.

1. camden_blumenschein

camden_blumenschein New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I just bought a 11' 8" star craft boat. It has a 7.5 hp montgomery ward engine. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of any thing to add to make it an excellent catfishing boat.

2. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    Nice lookin boat!! Check out the member library for some great ideas (rod holders, bait cutting boards, lighting alterations, anchor mounts ect..) and step-by step how-to instructions.

3. camden_blumenschein

camden_blumenschein New Member

State:
    Ohio
    thanks kyle, i appreciate the help

4. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The rod holders I got from the library. I just made the stands to fit my application.

I was wanting some cheap interior lighting, just enough to find something, or move around. I ran across a box of amber clearence lights, added 2 in the front & 2 rear, on seperate switches (one on each casting deck). Works great & doesn't blind me. Also, being amber, reduces bug attraction.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/223smitty/junk/IM001679.jpg

Smitty

5. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    looks good smitty

6. Bootheel Waterdog

Bootheel Waterdog New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Try to keep it practical, sometimes we get carried away with add on's and don't spend the preciuos time or money fishing.

7. Prowler

Prowler New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Smitty,

you say you got the rod holder's from the library? not sure what you mean by that. they look as if you cut them out of a really large pvc pipe... seems like that would work pretty good.

8. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Prowler, sorry for the delay on a reply, but I haven't been able to log-in here for the past couple of weeks.

The forum has a library of all sorts of useful info, tips & pointers, which is where I found the idea for these holders. Thay are 4" PVC couplings I first drilled with a 1 & 1/4" holesaw, then cut with a sawzall & deburred then with sandpaper.

Thanks
    Smitty

9. rafter

rafter New Member

State:
    AZ
    Thanks for clarification...I'm new here and was thinking to myself while reading this..."now did this guys local library toss out some old plumbing along with the damaged books?"