cheap .223 semi auto

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by scooter079, Mar 2, 2009.

1. scooter079

scooter079 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Im wanting to buy a .223 semi auto "assualt rifle as obama would say" but i dont have much to spend does anyone know of any cheaper ones out there

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Scott,There ain't no such thing. Ruger mini 14 is way cheaper than the AR types,but all firearms have gone through the roof .:sad2:

3. RRRKKK

RRRKKK New Member

State:
    Quincy IL
    Id Obama has his way there won't be anymore mini 14s check list below

Subject: The Gun Ban list is out. Here it is....

Gun Law Update by Alan Korwin, Democrats have already leaked a gun-ban list.

Slipping below the radar (or under the short-term memory cap), the Democrats have already leaked a gun-ban list,

even under the Bush administration when they knew full well it had no chance of passage (HR 1022, 110th Congress)

It serves as a framework for the new list the Brady's plan to introduce shortly.

I have an outline of the Brady's current plans and targets of opportunity, It's horrific. They're going after the

courts, regulatory agencies, firearms dealers and statutes in an all out effort to restrict we the people.

They've made little mention of criminals.

Now more than ever, attention to the entire Bill of Rights is critical. Gun bans will impact our freedoms

under search and seizure, due process, confiscated property, states' rights, free speech, right to assemble

and more, in addition to the Second Amendment.

The Democrats current gun-ban-list proposal (final list will be worse):

Rifles (or copies or duplicates):

M1 Carbine, Sturm Ruger Mini-14, AR-15, Bushmaster XM15, Armalite M15, AR-10,

Thompson 1927, Thompson M1; AK, AKM, AKS, AK-47, AK-74, ARM, MAK90, NHM 90,

NHM 91, SA 85, SA 93, VEPR; Olympic Arms PCR; AR70, Calico Liberty,

Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle or Dragunov SVU, Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR,or FNC,

Hi-Point20Carbine, HK-91, HK-93, HK-94, HK-PSG-1, Thompson 1927 Commando,

Kel-Tec Sub Rifle; Saiga, SAR-8, SAR-4800, SKS with detachable magazine,

SLG 95, SLR 95 or 96, Steyr AU, Tavor, Uzi, Galil and Uzi Sporter, Galil Sporter,

or Galil Sniper Rifle ( Galatz ).

Pistols (or copies or duplicates):

Calico M-110, MAC-10, MAC-11, or MPA3, Olympic Arms OA,

TEC-9, TEC-DC9, TEC-22 Scorpion, or AB-10, Uzi.

Shotguns (or copies or duplicates):

Armscor 30 BG, SPAS 12 or LAW 12, Striker 12, Streetsweeper.

Catch-all category (for anything missed or new designs):

A semiautomatic rifle that accepts a detachable magazine and has:

(i) a folding or telescoping stock,

(ii) a threaded barrel,

(iii) a pistol grip (which includes ANYTHING that can serve as a grip, see below),

(iv) a forward grip; or a barrel shroud.

Any semiautomatic rifle with a fixed magazine that can accept

more than 10 rounds (except tubular magazine .22 rimfire rifles).

A semiautomatic pistol that has the ability to accept a detachable

magazine,and has:

(i) a second pistol grip,

(ii) a threaded barrel,

(iii) a barrel shroud or

(iv) can accept a detachable magazine outside of the pistol grip, and

(v) a semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.

A semiautomatic Shotgun with:

(i) a folding or telescoping stock,

(ii) a pistol grip (see definition below),

(iii) the ability to accept a detachable magazine or a fixed magazine

capacity of more than 5 rounds, and
    (iv) a shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

Frames or receivers for the above are included, along

with conversion kits.

Attorney General gets carte blanche to ban guns at will:

Under the proposal, the U.S. Attorney General can add any "semiautomaticrifle or

shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based

on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes,

as determined by the Attorney General."

Note that Obama's pick for this office (Eric Holder, confirmation hearing set for Jan. 15)

wrote a brief in the Heller case supporting the position that you have no right to have a

working firearm in your own home.

In making this determination, the bill says, "thereshall be a rebuttable presumption that

a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any federal law enforcement

agency is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, and a firearm shall not

be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely

because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event."

In plain English this means that ANY firearm ever obtained by federal officers or the

military is not suitable for the public.

The last part is particularly clever, stating that a firearm doesn't have a sporting purpose just

because it can be used for sporting purpose -- is that devious or what?

And of course, "sporting purpose" is a rights infringement with no constitutional or historical support whatsoever, invented by domestic enemies of the right to keep and bear arms to further their cause of disarming the innocent .

Respectfully submitted,

Alan Korwin,

Author Gun Laws of America

http://www.gunlaws.com/gloa.htm

4. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Good luck! :smile2: LOL

5. scooter079

scooter079 New Member

State:
    ohio
    wow yeah now that i think about it i cant beleive i asked that it was a pretty stupid question

6. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Scott yer a young fella, and are surely looking at gun confiscation in yer lifetime. Buy a bolt action, or do like the criminals are doing already, and buy one "off the bar", then break it in, sight it in, then very quietly bury it in the dark of the night. Any legal paperwork being done at the present time has to be in storage for retreival for 20 years. Before Clinton it was 10; then would time out.....so if you buy one legal now, when yer baby is growed up and haired over, it will still be traceble. Your best bet is to buy one from a private individual who's had it for a considerable time. Even my gun club won't allow AR platform rifles anymore. So the writing is on the wall. All my guns have timed out, and I won't be purchasing any from a dealer ever again.
    Plan for your future, and the anarchy that's coming. The social planners want Sheeple, not citizens.
    Never under estimate the potential of a good 22 rimfire for someone who knows how to use it. And there are bunches of them for sale from private folks....and a brick of ammo don't take up much space.
    Much good luck son.
    :wink:

7. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    so in a nut shell,everything that fires a bullet.:roll_eyes:

8. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    There are always the Kel tec's. Been kicking myself in the hind end I didnt pick one up a few gun shows ago. They were asking $250 used but Id hate to know what theyre asking now.

I gotta agree with Boots too. I have guns that are papered and some that are not, just in case. I have a feeling if confiscation happens Ill have sold them all.

9. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    heres my question - if thyr gunnu confinscate our guns or throw us in jail, whos gunnu do it ? thyd have to breed a new kind of cats cuz i know any true blood american aint gunnu let it happen . i think there be war right here.:crazy::big_smile::cool2:thyr trying to protect us from the criminals and the drug cartels but thyr still gunnu have them and we pay the price NOT.

10. scooter079

scooter079 New Member

State:
    ohio
    what scares me is what if they bring in the u.n. to take our guns.........these are foreign people that dont care if they have to kill you to do there job and some possibley dont like americans as it is

11. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I see many of my guns made the list ........lol

12. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I flat refuse to give up my guns and if that means war so be it,if they want to come take me to jail then they better be ready for a war cause ill give it to them.To many people have died to make sure we have these rights just to throw up our hands and give up.I wont dishonor them that way.

13. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    The gun ban will not let dealers SELL THEM..... They cannot take away what you already have. Actually lets have Pelosi and Reid ban them and lose Congress again. :wink: This will go to H.I. :smile2:

14. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Actually you can buy LOWERS... just google them.

15. jedimanhunter

jedimanhunter New Member

State:
    Texas
    IF the gun dealers dont watch out they are going to be stuck with a bunch of guns they cant sell. Everyone except the consumer is enjoying a feeding frenzy right now. Last year I heard up to a 1 year delivery date on ammo. Barneys in LA said 180 days. Guess what I got my ammo in 180 days. This year I ordered 40k rounds of 223 and .40. I ordered it in Oct. I got it last month. The supply is catching up with the demand. That was a department purchase not a private one.

In the you and I catagory we see empty shelves at walmart. Reloading equipment sold out. However you can go to natchess and find the following online right now.

Remington Premier Golden Saber AMMOReg $ 35.69
    Sale $ 19.99

Product Number:

ZYSBA55603
    Product Title:223 REM FMJ 55GR 20/BOX **Item Price:$10.99Availability:In StockShipping Weight:0.63 lb.Limit 50 boxes per order!
    .223 FMJ 55gr, 20/box - 50 boxes per case (1000 rounds)

The ammo tax rumor is just that, rumor
    The ammo serial number bill that went to 18 states were ALL denied even in calif. Rumor mill and speculators.
    No one is gonna knock on your door and say give me your guns, Search Warrant....

Let the frenzy die down and ammo will flourish again, the sales will be back and the shelves will be full.

Is the ban a threat, absolutly, as it is written I doubt it. Will it be like the 1994 without an expiration, probably. If that concerns you buy what you can afford and join the NRA, Buy NRA memberships for Christmas, Birthdays ETC.
    None of us will win standing alone. The NRA is a collective whole.

Very few bids on overpriced guns on gunbroker. Save your money and execute your purchase when a deal comes along or at least a fair price. Millions of guns out there. Millions of folks losing jobs. Millions of deals will be laying here and there. Be patient but ready. A deal will always float to the top when you least expect it.

These are weird times right now. I dont want to fuel the problem and buy guns on an emotional decision cause I will probably get my head ripped off if I do. It is easy to get carried away. The general public as a whole is spooked. GM down 47% lowest in 27 years.

Obamha is jacking with fixing the economy and ending the war, spending your tax dollars. No ban in 2009 or 2010 in my opinion.

16. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    If you just bought 40,000 rounds of Ammo,Jeff you are part of the problem thats creating the higher prices.

17. ar_confederate

ar_confederate New Member

State:
    Minden, Lo
    I don't mean to be stirring the pot and the good Lord knows that I pray we always can live in peace and I'm NOT advocating revolution but just remember that if and in my opinion, when, they come for our guns; one person resisting is going to be defeated and either killed or arrested. It will take a group of people acting together to stop them. If that time comes, it's time for the 1st Louisiana to be reborn.

18. jedimanhunter

jedimanhunter New Member

State:
    Texas
    .223 reload. Those 40k rounds are not mine. I have 52 officers to train in 3 disiplines. handguns, patrol rifles and shotgun. Each officer shoots a 50 round quailification twice a year on handgun and rifle. That alone is over 10k rounds. That assumes everyone qualifies the first time.

Rookies need 2000 rounds in academy. Two training sessions a year target 300 rounds per officer. Thats another 30k rounds. I actually need more.

Upfront that sounds like alot of rounds break it down and they probably shoot less than you do. It is unfortunate that this considered part of the problem. I hope you rethink your position.

My original point was to indicate that the root cause of ammunition shortage is coming to a close. another indicator of that is the price of scrap metal sunk to realistic prices. Currently I believe it is a frenzy going on. If it would slow I believe things would start to recover. I may be wrong about the whole deal.

Also, I may not have communicated myself clearly. We seem to usually see eye to eye on gun issues. That is what I like about you. Later

19. bitethis

bitethis New Member

State:
    texas
    Obama said, for the American people not to worry. Because he WASN"T going to stop or forbid the american citizens the right to bear and own firearms.

20. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

Yes there was a bit of a communication break,I thought you ment you bought that many rounds for yourself,:smile2: I can see getting that many in your situation,. Sorry about the misunderstanding.