"Chatters Baits"

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by shania, Jul 15, 2009.

1. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Gang,
    Got a question for you this morning:
    I like the idea behind the Chatter Baits for Ba$$ Fishing & wanted to know has anyone out there ever use them before & if so what was the best way to fish them & what were your results?
    :confused2:
    Any information on this will be useful.
    :0a31:
    Thanks,
    Bert (Shania)

2. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    Bert they are a great bait. fish it in the same places you would a spinnerbait. smallmouths and largemouths love it. works great around wood and is great for fishing over submerged grass/weeds.

3. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i had a clear one with a gold head that was killing the stripers on the red river. i retied every couple of fish, but still got broke off. since it was 8 bucks, i had only bought one!

4. tightlines10

tightlines10 New Member

State:
    california
    yup i like using em near sun down or early morning i use a allwhite chatter bait with a zoom super fluke as a trailer again all wight. it looks just like a shad. iv caught all diffrent size bass but i tend to hook 5 to 4lbers more.

good luck and tightlines

5. simpleokie

simpleokie New Member

State:
    Okla.
    Thats the way we use them, take the skirt off super glue a fluke to it. It's kind of a swimbait/spinnerbait combo and the bass love it. Also with the skirt you can fish it just like a jig. lift and drop. great around rocks.

6. ~Austin~

~Austin~ New Member

State:
    Texas
    I've had pretty good luck fishing them like a crankbait.