Chatterbait

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by bwhupp, Aug 8, 2007.

1. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Anyone used one? Was looking at them and did not know if it was real gimmicky or not.

I was looking at it and there is a snap/wire on the blade... is that where you run the line onto or is it there to make it chatter?

2. GUNTZ

GUNTZ New Member

State:
    CLEBURNE texas
    BRIAN I HAVE USED THEM ,THEY WORK REALLY GOOD AROUND GRASS . TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION THE WIRE IS WHERE YOU TIE YOUR LINE .TRY IT SOME TIME AND LET US KNOW YOUR RESULTS (WORK IT SLOW LIKE A JIG)

3. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I know guys who have had some success with it. I personally have not used it b/c there friggin' 8-9 dollars a piece. From what I understand they are just fishing it like a spinnerbait, working it kinda fast where you can see the bait and then giving it the occasional twitch. One of my buddies actually made his own out of some old aluminum and a regular jig head. He catches fish on it, but I wouldn't be able to make one like that.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Its new and a little different. It will catch fish. I have a friend who designed the one Lunker Lure is selling and he has won several tournaments with it. It is a slow action bait. Works best aroung grass and wood. PS. It can be worked fast also.:smile2:

5. lroyal

lroyal New Member

State:
    Georgia
    i used to have one and i loved it. then i decided to use it in a creek near my house and a @$##!#%#in GAR hit and broke my line. oh well. it happens