chattanooga area catfisherman

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by redneckchev, Feb 3, 2008.

1. redneckchev

redneckchev New Member

State:
    georgia
    hey yall.i havent been on here i awhile.why dont we all get together and do a lil fishin after it warms up some.i've got me a boat now but in the process of gettin it ready to go when it does warm up some.let me know what yall think.

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Look in the members gatherings section. We have one planed at harrison bay on april 18-19-20 v2008

3. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Jon, we would love to have you come to the Chattanooga gathering in April. You will have a ball and you will meet a whole bunch of members and a bunch of us are local. Come on and join us.

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Welcome to the BOC, Jon! Hope to see you at the Chattanooga gathering.

5. luvcatfish

luvcatfish New Member

State:
    Ringgold GEORGIA
    Iam a new member and i live on state line between Ga Tn and i cant wait to put my boat in and go get some cats:big_smile:

6. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Hey Adam, it is good to have you aboard. We are having a gathering at Harrison Bay State Park in April and we would love for you to come on up and be with us.

7. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Welcome to the BOC, Adam! I lived in Ringgold for a few months right after WWII. When my dad got out of the Army, we lived with my mother's aunt (great-aunt) Mattie (Harris?) for a while, till my Dad found work in Chattanooga. We lived on a corner just a couple or three hundred yards north of the bridge where a whirlpool was. I think the whirlpool was caused by another creek coming in, but I'm not sure. My mother had a number of relatives in Ringgold, one of which started up the New Dixie Cafe; I don't know if it's even there anymore or not.

8. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Can anyone help me out.I will be coming down to Chattanooga the week of March 10th.
    My company is Cargill and we have a plant that is right on the river that runs through Chattanooga.Does anyone fish in this area and is it good fishing.Planning on fishing a little while i'm there.

Thanks for any info you can give me...

9. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Some of the best cat fishing right behind their plant. I might be able to hook you up with a ride if you want. I see what I can set up just let me know. I can't promise anything but one never knowes.

10. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Thx Willard...i will send a note when the time gets closer..If there is good fishing behind the plant from the bank i can get us in there as well.I know we load barges and spell grain in the river should make for one BIG chum hole.

Again Willard thanks a lot for the reply back and even if we can't get nothing set up for fishing while I'm there if you dont live far from the town maybe we can meet for coffee or lunch.Alwas like to me BOC members from around the country.

Tom

11. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    For anyone who has never seen it, I have to recommend a fishing trip through the 'Grand Canyon of the Tennessee', just downstream from Chattanooga. If you're seeing the sights from Point Park, up on the end of Lookout Mountain, you can look straight down the river from Moccasin Bend and see where the river hits a mountain and makes a sharp left hand turn. From that point all the way down to about the site of the old Hales Bar Dam (demolished), you're in the canyon. And there's some really good fishing there. You can either boat down from Chattanooga, or drive down to the Raccoon Mountain Pumping Station and launch in the canyon. You can also launch below Nickajack Dam and fish below it. Tennessee allows you to run your boat all the way right up to the dam, but be careful!

12. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Thanks Jerry i remember that area but have not fished it.I will add that one to my list and hope i can fish there soon.

13. luvtofish

luvtofish New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Thank you, if I don't have to work I would love to come to Harrison Bay. GO VOLS! Also I had some problems with my screen name so I am now luvtofish