Chattahoochee River

Discussion in 'GEORGIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by flathead7, Jun 10, 2008.

1. flathead7

flathead7 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Would it be worth fishing the Chattahoochee river around I-20 for flatheads?

2. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    this question came up a couple months ago wether there were shovelheads in the hooch near the atlanta area. from all the replies no one really knows or have tried for flatheads in this section of the river. we know that they are further south around westpoint. If I were seriously going to fish it I would find out the number to the nearest DNR office. Usually it's pretty easy to get a biologist on the phone and from my experience they are more then happy to discuss any questions you may have. If they have done any kind of shocking studies near the atlanta area he will be able to tell you if they came across any flatheads. hope this helps ya out as i am too kind of curious to know the answer-bassmassey

3. Klag

Klag New Member

State:
    Georgia
    EDIT: Never mind, I thought you meant near Highway 20 in Buford.

4. dallas

dallas New Member

State:
    Jackson,Georgia
    I have fished for flatheads near I-20 on the Hootch.
    PB at highway 92 and 278 boat ramp there 20 pounds a few smaller ones too
    also a few other spots to get to bank fishing has produced flats some smallish blues, good sized channels for shure and you can even catch your fill of bream. Carp and some Bass and even aligator gar would be there.
    I CPR all these fish in this area, pollution would be a BIG concern!
    You have a water treatment facility just a couple miles upriver and all the Industrial places from just above and just below I-20.
    hope this helps
    dallas