Chattahoochee River = good?

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by Catnewb101, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Catnewb101

Catnewb101 New Member

State:
    Marietta, Georgia
    ok i found some pretty good reports from the chattahooche this year. Good sized rainbows and stuff like that. I also heard that more catfish have been sighted along the banks. Anyone have any luck there recently? Havent fished in a long time so i wouldnt know from a real life prospective.

2. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    While this sounds odd, I had a buddy that worked at South Cobb Water Treatment Plant on the Chattahoochee River. The clean (supposedly) treated water comes out at a warm and steady 80 degrees and is extremely oxygenated. What I saw there baffled me. There were literally 20-30 catfish, a dozen or so carp, and brim all over the place near the outfeed. Not that I'd eat anything, but wow thats good fishing. My friend caught a 14.6 lb bass in that same spot a year ago. since then we've caught a 6lb brown trout , two channell cats over 10 lbs, and many largemouth/hybrid striped bass. So the Hooch has got a lot of fish, just have to find them I guess, I lucked out as I have a buddy with the key to the outfeed gate lol

3. Catnewb101

Catnewb101 New Member

State:
    Marietta, Georgia
    are u talking about lake bullsluice? thats in cobb county and thats the only place i know of thats got bass in the chattahoochee river...but south cobb isnt too far i should go check that out thanks

4. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Does anyone know if this river has Flatheads

5. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    No Chat has bass this is cobb fulton line you can go to cobb county org and see where south cobb is, theres a lot in that area...

6. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    I didn't know that the Hooch had Cats in it. Thought the water was to cold for them. Behind buford dam the water will freeze your legs off.

7. Catnewb101

Catnewb101 New Member

State:
    Marietta, Georgia
    yeah buford dam is not very welcoming for ur legs...ive done it before..i fell in the chattahoochee...brr it was cold...but the water and the area around tha6 is beautiful....the hoochee does have some cats but on the southern shores..not here in the north...

8. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    When I was in the army I caught afew channel s and some of the largest Red Eye Bass I ever saw down around Columbus:big_smile:

9. true1212

true1212 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    columbus ohio? i live around there.

10. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Hey Guys whats up. I am back in Jersey till new years but I will tell you that I had great luck fishin channels and also got my first flathead of 12lbs. In the lula bridge area on the hoochie above lake lanier it is about a half hour to 45 minutes from Buford dam off of 985 365. There is another good stretch of river about ten minutes north called belton bridge but I had prefered to fish away from the bridge rather than by it. And yes the water below the damn is FREEZING cold but watching them discharge the water was cool. New Jersey is the pits compared to Georgia cant wait to come back and get on with it again

11. Catnewb101

Catnewb101 New Member

State:
    Marietta, Georgia
    yeah congratulations on ur Georgia cats!

Anyways yeah i shoulda warned ya about the water, especially the buford dam

12. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Thanks man I couldnt believe how cold that water was when i got down there at the dam nearly broke my heart. Did do some trout fishin once or twice but that got old.