Chattahoochee river 2-12 fishing report

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by brother hilljack, Feb 13, 2009.

1. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Had a pretty good day fishing on Thursday. Weather was great and I got to take my girls out for a day on the water.

Put the boat in at Uchee creek and fished between there and Riverbend. Water temp at 0600 was around 51 degrees and it warmed to about 54 by the end of the day (surface of course). Air temps were from 45-72, winds light at less than 8 mph.

Started out the morning drifting the main channel, but was not able to find any real fish movement or holes. Caught one small blue drifting before changing my tactics to exploration. Spent the next couple hours just looking for the fish and determined that they were all hiding in the deepest water of 30 plus feet. Quite surprising with such warm water temps. I guess these southern cats are warm blooded! Once satisfied with my recon, I settled in and fished a couple of holes. Ended up the day with 16 blue cats, 1 small channel cat. The largest fish caught was 4.5 pounds, nothing spectacular, but I really enjoyed myself. Bait was cut skipjack/shad. Was not able to find any fresh bait so it was all frozen.

I picked my girls up around 1 pm and fished with them for about 3 hours. Had a great day, put some good fish in the freezer!

Attached Files:

2. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    ..............good job hilljack.......sounds like a good day on the river

3. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Thanks for the report brother. Always nice to get out on the water. Nice pictures too!

4. catin38

catin38 New Member

State:
    alabama
    nice day..you caught fish and had good time with family..good job

5. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks guys. I had a great time. The fish were really biting when I was in a hole, but I just could not convince the big ones to play. I am really set up for my next time out. I have already drawn out my tactics and just waiting for the time to be right.

6. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Its definently a learning process on new water, I know you will have it figured out soon and be on the big ones ,,
    Great pics brother,,,:wink:
    Puddle

7. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Going to give it another shot on sunday

8. efrith

efrith New Member

State:
    Seale Alabama
    Hey Shane

sounds like you had a great day fishing, maybe next time you'll get on some better fish
    great looking pics. bet you are proud of the little one

9. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN

Yep, she sure is a sweety pie. I know that I will find the bigger fish soon. Next time out, I will be able to concentrate on the holes as opposed to exploring the new areas

10. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    sounds like a productive day....always great to get the kids out.

11. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sunday is looking like a sure thing. have to finish buttering up the wife here on Valentines day:wink::smile2:

12. LureheadEd

LureheadEd New Member

State:
    Geogia
    I've just had WAY too much fun hangin' with the wife today.....