Chattahoochee Report

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by Fishmaster1203, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    10/10/08 (Chattahoochee River from West Point to Franklin) Surface Temp - Lower 70's. Water Clarity - Heavy Stain. Flatheads are biting good. Been catching quite a few from 5 to 20 pounds on live bream and gizzard shad.

2. Fivebraids

Fivebraids New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Congrats and thanks for the report Paul. Guess Denise and I have to start thinking hard about heading up your way since the river down here is still uncomfortably low! :wink:

- Marty -

3. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Marty, give me a holler when ya'll get ready to come up. Watch the weather. Pre-front conditions are best. Paul

4. rodney07

rodney07 New Member

State:
    Richland Ga.
    Hey Paul,I down here below Columbus and we are just now catching a few flatheads. We mostly catch blues. How are the blues biting up there? I going to try and get up there this fall.

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for the report, I am getting closer and closer to fishing the hooch again.

Rodney07, I am very interested in what's happening right there around Columbus. Are there any local clubs or anything of that nature. I will be there in March.

6. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.

Same here. We're considering moving down near the Columbus Airport area in the future.
    Just weighing the options. :wink:

7. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Rodney, I'm not catching any blues. All flatheads.

8. runabout199

runabout199 New Member

State:
    Cartersville, G
    guess im going to have to take a trip down south is there any good fishing near eufala?

9. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Don't know about Eufaula but you'll be driving right past some good flat fishin" :cool2:

10. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN

Let me know if you come down. I have fished that area before, but now I know so much more it should be real fun!

11. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Caught a few more nice flats upriver (10# to 20#) since I made this report. Had a big one wrap me around a 12 ft. log and come off. I caught the log. :sad2:

12. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    Now Im just jealous. Seems the fish have it out for me, but I guess I'm not geared up right for any real fish (+20lbs) anyway, but eyeing an ugly stick and abu 6000/6500 in the near future, Im sure the fish will bite if I run a proper rig...:confused2:

13. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    on that subject, anyone have some gear they wanna sell or donate to my charity?

14. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    well I managed to pickup an abu garcia ambas-5500 yesterday from a friend for free, put some 30lb ugly braid on it and caught myself a 2# channel in the little river off rope mill. I'd like to get an ugly stick to complete this setup, but so far I'm making great strides, especially in the way of actually catching catfish.

15. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
  16. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    had a question for you, or perhaps just your input on this location. I found a fishalbe area of little river, before it feeds into the lake itself, its a little ways uptream, near the bridge in this picture:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=woods...3028,-84.523487&spn=0.00428,0.009613&t=h&z=17
    if you follow the river to the west it goes into allatoona, and it is said there are flats in there.
    my question, how deep of water should I be looking for to targe them? I found some holes, probably not deeper than 10', and thinking about attacking them when I get back from my out of state business trip. There are some overhanging branches and some fallen tree structures I plan to fish, this is where I caught the small channell, but during the day. Wondered if you had any tips or suggestions on weather or not this would be a good place to look for my first flattie. Also, as far as sesons/water temps go, whats good for cats out here?

17. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Bradley, You have a face! :eek:oooh:

18. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    and unfoutunately no pictures of a nice catch to go with it.:beat_brick:

19. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    You'll get one. It's kind of like hunting a big buck. You might sit there for days without seeing him but if you keep at it eventually you will get one. Except for bumper, he catches big ones all the time.

20. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    BassMassey gets the big ones too, but he's the King of Oconee! :crazy: