Chattahoochee Hilljacks tournament 21 March 2009

Discussion in 'TOURNAMENT TALK' started by brother hilljack, Feb 28, 2009.

1. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    CHATTAHOOCHEE RIVER CATFISH TOURNAMENT!!
    A FUN FILLED DAY OF CATFISHING, BROTHERHOOD, AND COMPETITION PROVIDING YOU WITH THE OPPORTUNITY TO SHOWCASE YOUR SKILLS AS A CATFISHERMAN!
    WHO’S INVITED: EVERYONE (boats and bank fishermen welcome)
    WHAT: CATFISH TOURNAMENT
    WHEN: 21 MARCH 2009, 8:00am - 4:00p.m. Registration will begin at 7:00 am at the boat ramp.
    WHERE: UCHEE CREEK MARINA BOAT RAMP: Fort Benning, GA
    ENTRY FEE: $40.00 PER TEAM
    For questions and complete rules, please visit my website www.hilljackcatfishing.com, email me at shane.hilljack.smith@googlemail.com or phone at 706-341-5090.
    To ensure the progression of our sport, all fish weighed in WILL become property of the event directors and WILL be released at the launch site.
    This is a non-profit event with a 88% PAYBACK. $5 per entry fee will be donated to the Valley Rescue Mission or the Wounded Warrior Program. No money will be kept by the event directors!
    Entry fees must be paid at registration. ONLY CASH WILL BE ACCEPTED (exact change).
    All participants are responsible for enuring that they are in accordance with all rules/regulations imposed by the state in which they are lisenced. If the event ramp requires a launch fee, then it is the responsibility of the participant to pay those fees.
    HillJack Catfishing is dedicated to the promotion and progression of the sport of Catfishing. We take pride in our efforts to promote conservation of this valuable resource.
    Volunteers to help run this competition would be welcome!
    IF YOU WOULD BE INTERESTED IN SPONSORING THIS EVENT, PLEASE CONTACT ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!

2. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Posting to bump this up. Great opportunity to get something going here in Georgia and Alabama

3. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Don't miss out on this one!

4. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Shane, I will get you a section added in the next few days..

looking good :wink:

5. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks Paul, I am looking forward to the event and promoting catfishing here in Georgia. I am getting some decent response from this site and from flyers that have been posted. Should be a good event and a learning experience for me

6. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    One of my last tournaments (Bass) I fished was on Uchee Creek. We lost a couple Soldiers that day. It was two Rangers and the owner of Ranger Joe's Barber Shop.

Two boats at excessive speed colliding. Happened on River Bend.

Thats when I was sporting my 40 HP Bass Tracker! :smile2:

7. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I can see that happening. Those bass boats are crazy and the best fishing hole for that stretch is in the chokepoint between the sand bars. I cuss those bass boats everytime I fish that spot!

8. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Its getting closer to the tournament! I know that water is going to be nice and warm by then. Hope the catfish don't leave the couple of holes I have found or I will up the creek without a paddle!!:smile2:

9. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Man ,
    I think you have been holding out on us ,:eek:oooh:
    You have been landing MONSTERS on these trips you have been taking havent you...:wink:
    Puddle

10. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    man I wish you were right! I think I will figure them out soon. I am catching plenty of fish, just not the ones I want

11. jared

jared New Member

State:
    georgia
    Hilljack, can I fish with you because I know you are the PRO at Catfishing?

12. jared

jared New Member

State:
    georgia
    Brother Hilljack, can you show me how to fish because you know you are the man at Uchee Creek. I saw those 18lbers you came back with last week.

13. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Jared, come on now brother. You going to give me away? I know that you are trying to keep those holes to yourself and all, but you don't have to make me look like the pro!!

14. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN

By the way, welcome to the site! Your wife is really going to hate me now that I have provided you with this addiction

15. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Due to the request of several potential participants there has been a slight rules change to our event.

Teams can now consist of 3 persons regardless of age. 6 rod limit is still in affect

16. efrith

efrith New Member

State:
    Seale Alabama
    Shane

That solves the problem I had! (Thanks brother) now I don't have one:cool2:

17. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Ya'll need to have one up here where the big flatheads roam. :big_smile:

18. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    CAught me a nice 18 pound blue in the Uchee creek area. Sure wishing that tournament would get here!!!

19. efrith

efrith New Member

State:
    Seale Alabama
    Nice catch bro. happy for ya!

20. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    People are really showing interest in the tournament and I think we are going to have a very good turnout. If you are interested and have not contacted me, shoot me an email and I will be sure to send you the most up to date information. I am really looking forward to meeting everyone and getting this tournament series off the ground