chattahoochee flathead catfish

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by flatheadslayer, Oct 5, 2009.

1. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    hello im new here i was just wondering if theres anyone fishes the hooch around franklin,ga.i go a lot by myself just looking for someone who may want to hook up and go sometimes.ive been wanting to try around columbus,i have a daughter in college there but dont know anything about the river.dont know where the ramps are or any thing.or whats good fishing yellas,blues,or channels.iknow franklin good yellas all the way.:big_smile:

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    welcome to the BOC, this site is full of good people and great info.

I am no flathead expert, but people are sure catching them down here in Columbus. There are some real nice Blues to be caught also. Let some of the Chattahoochee HillJacks know when you are coming down and someone will square you away. Check us out at http://www.catfish1.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557

3. brotherknothead

brotherknothead New Member

State:
    Ft Campbell, KY
    Welcome to the BOC Preston, like Shane siad there is alot of us on here that fish up and down the river here in Columbus and will help you out anytime you need it. Again hope to see you on the river.

4. redbone

redbone New Member

State:
    smiths sta
    Preston , welcome to the BOC. There are many willing people here ( including myself ) who will tell you all about the fishing in this area. To start with there are 3 lakes in the Chattahoochee River Basin that are with in 20 minutes drive of downtown Columbus. They are ...starting north to south.... Harding, Barletts Ferry ( aka. Goat Rock ), and Oliver. The river then goes over a set of 3 weir dams as it gets to the downtown Columbus area. The river then flows approx. 60 miles where it again is the head waters for another lake. Lake Eufaula.
    There are several Boat ramps at all 4 lakes. As well as multiple ramps on the river. The one located closest to downtown Columbus is just off Victory drive and is call Rotary Park. There is a bait shop there as well Bulldogs Bait and Tackle.

Hope this is helpful.. If you need any more info shoot me an e-mail. Good Luck !!!

5. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    here are just a few of the nice cats caught around the Columbus area by the Chattahoochee hilljacks, there are several good flats in there as well:big_smile: just let us know when you are headed that way and i am sure one of us hilljacks will be on the river!

http://hilljackcatfishing.com/index_files/Page419.htm

6. efrith

efrith New Member

State:
    Seale Alabama
    There's some great catfishing on the hooch and anytime you need it there's some great catfishermen to help out just say so.
    Welcome to the Brotherhood Preston.

7. flatheadslayer

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    thanx everyone who replied.i dont know anything about catching blues.we've caught a few in franklin while after yellowcat.not many one forty pounder the rest 1o to 20! 30 to 40 pound flats comon.i know flats i dont know blues.any help appriciated.and i'll take someone for yella's.

8. Bait Bandit

Bait Bandit New Member

State:
    West Georg
    Welcome to the BOC, I think we might be fishing some of the same water so Holla when you can PM

9. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Stay off my holes! Just kidding! :smile2::smile2::smile2: Not really. LM_O

10. Bait Bandit

Bait Bandit New Member

State:
    West Georg
    Paul, have you checked your holes after the flood? One of my go to don't get skunked 9 ft deep hole is now a 6 ft tall sanbar.

11. flatheadslayer

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    paul i dont think your up that far.at least ive never seen you there.ive seen you down around franklin bridge before but im normally about 12 river miles up stream.i just reconised who you are when i saw parsons guide service.

12. catin38

catin38 New Member

State:
    alabama
    trust me..there is some big blues and flats in the hooch..how do i know..i have personally seen them. a few months ago a guy caught a 65 pound blue and just only 3 weeks ago my friend yanked a 47 pound flat out..just takes time and persistence..good luck

13. flatheadslayer

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    oh i know ive caught my share of big yellas out of there.me and my wife caught around 300 lbs. in one night last year.and as of right now my buddy holds the river record caught above franklin 49 lbs. 10 ozs.(yella).have heard of bigger but not seen. if its not listed it will be dont know how long it takes to get listed.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  14. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    No, I have not been upriver since the flood. I wonder if there's any new holes. LOL

15. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    welcome to the boc preston:big_smile:

16. timothy408

timothy408 New Member

State:
    ga
    looking for advise on catching catfish