Chatawhatchee River , Any Suggestions on Catfishing?

Discussion in 'FLORIDA RIVERS TALK' started by TRYINGFORCATS, Dec 29, 2006.

1. TRYINGFORCATS

TRYINGFORCATS New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    I Went To Chatawhatchee River On 12|23|06 Using Live Blue Gill On Bottom. Caught A 12 Lb. Stripe Bass. No Cats. Any Suggestions?

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    James - Welcome to the B.O.C.!:0a25: Try some different baits till you find what they are hittin' on. Try some cut bait, stink bait, nightcrawlers, etc.

3. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    fresh cut shad or manhadden are always a good bait...

4. Shrimp Man

Shrimp Man New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    James, During the warmer weather months I often fish with bream, Live for flatheads and cut for blues.

5. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    Keep trying, and move around more often - a cat will eventually come around or you will eventually go to a cat.

6. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    James welcome to the BOC, check out the BOC libary all kinds of useful info.

7. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Welcome to the BOC. Try different spots and also get a hold of some fresh cut bait like Shad. A lot of times a blue or a channel is more apt to hit fresh cut bait than live eventhough some will hit a gill every now and then. Also you can use cut gills as well like the head portion and the gut pocket part.

Look for deeper zones as its winter mode and more are in the deeper spots around cover.

8. KajunPCB

KajunPCB New Member

State:
    Panama City Beach,Fl.
    hey James...where you putting in on the chat? i'll be fishing that river alot starting in august....are you new to it or a regular?

9. TRYINGFORCATS

TRYINGFORCATS New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    I Put In At Smokehouse Lake In Freeport. If You Want Directions Let Me Know

10. Stumpknocker2

Stumpknocker2 New Member

State:
    NW FL
    OLE JAMES (TRYINGFORCATS) IS A HECK OF A CAT MAN IF ANY ONE COULD TELL YA HE CAN. i FISH WITH HIM JUST ABOUT EVERY WEEKEND AND MAN CAN I TELL THE IMPROVEMENT. KEEP THE LESSONS COMING.

STUMP

11. TRYINGFORCATS

TRYINGFORCATS New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    Hey Stump, Watch Out For Them Log Jams. The Water Is Not Deep Enough For Fishing Holes....and All

12. KajunPCB

KajunPCB New Member

State:
    Panama City Beach,Fl.
    well..looks like i'll be in PCB at end of May....you 2 might have to teach me how to fish the chat....

as for boats....i have a 18ft center console with a 140hp on it but i'm thinking thats gonna be too big/heavy for that river....i do have a 14x52 flat bottom jon boat with a 15hp evinrude in louisiana that is collecting dust....i guess i'll tow that to Fl. for cattin.

13. TRYINGFORCATS

TRYINGFORCATS New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    I'VE MISSPELLED THIS RIVER EVERY TIME. IT'S CORRECT SPELLING IS CHOCTAWHATCHEE RIVER.SORRY. BUT COME ON. IT'S PRETTY SWIFT AND THERE IS A LOT OF DEEP HOLES AND LOG JAMS. I HAVE ONE COMPLAINT; EVERY TIME I GO WHICH IS ALMOST EVERY WEEKEND, I CATCH BOWFINS. I USUALY CARRY LIVE BREAM BUT HAVE GAVE SOME THOUGHT TO USING THE BOWFIN FOR CUT BAIT. BY THE WAY , YOU MIGHT WANT TO BRING YOUR JON BOAT. GOOD LUCK