CHAT....dead as a doornail (most of the time)

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catgirl, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I've been away, so perhaps someone can enlighten me as to what has happened with our BOC chatroom.

Chat is FUN people, at least in IMO it is. It gives you the chance to converse, BS, and enjoy the company of the brothers and sisters of the BOC. Also, I do believe that the regular chatters here get to know each other better. Not that threads and posts do not provide that - chat is just a bit more like discussing topics with people in person.

Some folks think they won't/don't like chat, maybe due to the fact that that person feels they aren't the best typer, and can't keep up.

It's the best practice though. I know MY typing skills have increased dramatically (I did learn how in 9th grade) since I began participating here on the BOC and dropping into the chatroom.

I had actually planned to visit there this evening; and then everyone disappeared, thus the reason for this post.

All I really want to say is (if ya don't know me, might as well get used to everything being drawn out :tounge_out:), don't dismiss chat as something you can't do.

You can.

We welcome anyone, new members, old members, doesn't matter.

Be forewarned, we do not ALWAYS talk about fishing. Life, love, luck, and anything concerned therein could be covered, depending on who is "IN" the chatroom.

Thanks for reading, and if you're a new member, WELCOME TO THE BOC, WE'RE GLAD TO HAVE YOU!!!

2. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I will give it a try sometime

3. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Be there in a few...let's chat!!!! :wink::smile2:

4. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    im a floater im every where on the BOC to see whats new. i dont have alot of time to set still .thats why i became a catfish email insider i can run around the BOC and i will get personal attention by email from time to time as i surf the line .it is reall the way to go imo .but hey to each there on. happy new year and good luck in your chat room

5. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I know we have discussed this before, but what requirements do I need to enter the Chatroom? Downloads of what?

6. Little Tree Rat

Little Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Kansas
    you just need Java i believe

7. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    it will tell you you need java, at least if you are on firefox and mine took me to the install I think, it 's been awhile since I had to install it.

One of the reasons I don't go in a lot is because everyone does talk fishing quite a bit, and there's nothing wrong with that, that's what this place is about first and foremost, but I just don't have much to add to those conversations, and kinda feel like I'm butting in when I interrupt them with mundane conversation that I am capable of.

I do check chat alot, if you click on the arrow and get the drop down list at the top where it says "Chat Room" you can choose "whose chatting" and it will tell you who all is in there. If I see someone I haven't seen in a long time, I will go in just to say hi. Punkin was in there the other night and about the time I got in, she had left but I stayed and talked to Kutter and some others.

8. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    CG I tried to get in there the other day and I couldn't fer some reason ... I have to get Java ..but yer right it is prety cool to be able to talk in the chat room and it will help your typing skills bunchto:wink:

9. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Last time I went in there, and it has been a long time, someone closed the door and scared the crap out of me. So, I just sat there quietly waiting to see what else was going to happen and in came Ned. Well Ned and myself just both sat there. I guess it was his first time, same for me and neither one of us knew what to do. I hate to sit in a cyber room with someone and neither party says anything, so I just left, like a flash. Ned, i assure you, there was nothing personal in me leaving, OK.

10. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    I've dropped in from time to time. Sometimes there are folks logged into the chat who ar'nt at their computers, thus no response when you say hi. I've been lucky to have had some good chats there, I found that around 9 or 10 in the evening is when the most users are there. and usually it's the same folks.

11. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    The last time I was in there I only had a very slow dial up connection. I now have DSL and have been wanting to try it again soon....thanks:eek:oooh:

12. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Hey folks... Tanya, Cher, Mallory, guys.... I agree.. Chat is AWESOME. I usually (or used to) live there practically. We all are a big huge family. Some have met in person, some have not but all in all, its a wonderful place. As they say... fishing is NOT the only topic covered but when it comes to the kids in the room, we protect our own. Like family should, we look out for each other and everyone.

I haven't been in as much as of late due to goin back to work, family life, etc. Life tends to happen and you work leisure around it. I would love to be on more.

New members, if you have not checked it out yet, come on, those of you who have had problems getting in you may need to download Java applet (www.java.com) or may want to check out your pop up blocker, make sure its turned off, or I have had problems with my anti-virus program not allowin me to get in at times. Those are some of the issues I have had. If you cannot get in after checking these things, send me an PM and if I cant help, I will find someone who can if possible. There are several talented people on here with the Midas touch that can do the deed to help get you there.

Come join in the conversations, if you want to talk or ask for help on situations or issues come ask, or if you just wanna sit and listen to the conversations and cuttin up. We can tend to be a lively group at times.

Look forward to seeing you there soon.

Punkin:cool2:

13. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I used to go to chat rooms when I was real bored, I ain't been that bored in awhile. I was only in BOC chat once, I will try to check it out a little more often, good points ya made there.

14. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    We need bloody leadership! eather that or someone with a big spoon to get things steered up. Tayna know anyone with a spoon?:wink:
    smokey

15. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    This time of year is hectic for me! My Taxidermy business is booming! But in about a month I will be back in the chat room on a regularly schedule. If you havent took a peak in the chatroom....YOU NEED TO! Group of outstanding people! That even includes Punkin! :wink:

16. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    I checked out the chat room once, not long after I joined. There was no one in it and so I didn’t stick around. I guess I will give it another try sometime.

17. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Everytime i try to get in the chat rooms, its just a blank screen, it never has worked for me in 2 years..Any tips??

18. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hey Matt.....you might want to go back and read Punkin570's post in this thread. She pretty much covered most of the problems and provided suggestions.

Thanks Leslie! :cool2:

Also, CuzICan is a computer whiz, so you might want to ask her (if Punkin's ideas don't work for ya).

19. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sure aint dead now.. Course look how far we've came!!:big_smile::crazy:

20. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Dang AJ! Boy, what are you doin', diggin' around in the archives? Sounds like somethin' I would do. :wink::smile2::cool2: