Charlies dough bait

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by brinley45cal, Mar 20, 2006.

1. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    i posted this in the bait forum but i didnt get but one response so ill try it here.Has anyone used this dough bait and how did it work for you?And can you use it like punch bait or do you have to pick up some with your hand and put it on your hook?Ive never used this stuff before,you can get it at wal-mart and it comes in a small white container if you dont know what im talking about.I would really appreciate some feed back if possible.

2. nuthinlikeacat

nuthinlikeacat New Member

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    I have fished with people who have used that for bait. None of them had much luck with it. More of a mess that anything.

3. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    Thank you finally a reply,i guess i might have wasted my money but will see what happens with it around these parts.

4. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    It is a good bait when the water is warmer than it is now.I have used the ones that come preformed.The preformed bait is easy to use and don't stink up your hands as bad as the dip type.But either works OK after the water warms up.Biggest problem when using it on a trotline is when one fish gets on he can easily shake several pieces off down the line.

5. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    Thanks mybe i should hold on to it until the water warms up then.I saw the preformed kind but didnt know which one to try oh well.I wander if you could use it like a punch bait?like use a treble hook with a spring mybe?:confused:

6. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    I would say yes you could use spring treble, the reson to wait for the water to warm is because when the water is warm the smell tends to drift better, its better to use the bait in warm, smaller holes of water that way the smell covers more of the water. IE: ponds, small streams, mud puddles.... :)

7. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    sounds good to me ill give those trebles a try to see if they work.