Charleston Blue Crabs

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by SanteeCooperKat, Mar 6, 2007.

1. SanteeCooperKat

SanteeCooperKat New Member

State:
    PA/SC
    Yes, this is really off topic but at least it is remotely close to fishing.

Does anyone know where a good Blue Crab creek/ Estuary is around Charleston? I have to go there in four weeks and plan to put the legal amount of two crab pots somewhere for recreation, I just do not know where. Pathetic yes, but I am a huge fan of crabbing. All advice would be appriciated.

Best Regards,

SanteeCooperKat

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Clayton welcome to the BOC and good luck with the crabs. I wish I could help you on where to find them.

3. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    sru i cant help you in the charleston area but i know down south in pawleys island there are a few good creeks.....but i just stopped by to tell you welcom to boc and im sure there is someone on here to help ya

4. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Hey Clayton welcome to the BOC:big_smile: :0a25:

5. bowfin

bowfin New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    It might be hard right now the water is cold they might still be in the mud.

6. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    They will probably just be starting to become active again by then. Really, the best time for crabs is the late summer through fall.

Not sure where I'd try in the spring. Maybe fairly deep in the lower end of one of the rivers (Wando, Ashley...), but that's a total guess.

7. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Clayton! Welcome to the Brotherhood of Catfishermen family. We're glad to have you :smile2:. I don't know much about crabbing, but Charleston, SC is one of my favorite places in the whole world! While you're there, make sure to try a bowl of that famous Charleston she-crab soup. Yum yum yum :big_smile:!

8. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Welcome to the BOC. Good luck with the crabs.

9. JACKSON

JACKSON New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Welcome , You can catch crabs in just about any creek or river in the Charleston area.One of the best baits is chicken necks or smoked herring. Good Luck

10. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    nothing pathetic about it. I'll take blues crabs over lobster any day. being landlocked as I am. I cant help you with a location. Good luck and may your pots be full!!