Charleston area saltwater fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by bearcat, May 12, 2008.

1. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Just wondering guys. Anyone in the charleston/ Folley beach area. Going to be there this summer and was hopeing to taking some saltwater action. Needing some help. Never done anything like that. Since I am Illinois native.

Anyone out there that can help. Maybe hook up sometime when I am there.?
    Thanks in advance

2. dumpysinclair

dumpysinclair New Member

State:
    SC
    I'm going down to Charleston the wknd of the 24th to go out w/some buddies. If you want to PM me in a few weeks, I'll let you know how it went and possibly recommend (or not) the guide we're going with. My only advice is get a motion sickness patch: the deep sea deal is much different than freshwater as far as sea sickness if you go out far. If it's ever happened to you, you know what I mean. I've had a fish on, puked, and kept on reeling. It's not a fun feeling...unless it's a big one!

Charleston is great and I hope you enjoy your trip. Be sure to visit the Wild Wing Cafe if you like wings.

3. bellymeat

bellymeat New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Now you're talking! Hey I like catfishing as much as the next guy but when it comes to saltwater fishing, I'M in!

I'ved fished the Charleston area since I was 6 years old. My grandfathers house was on the wando river.

So shoot me a pm and I'll HOOK you up!

later...
    Ron

4. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Thanks guys for the info. When the time for my trip gets closer I will check with you. Thanks again Ron.
    I will stay in touch.