Charile Brown Octopus hooks

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by Alabamacatman, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Alabamacatman

Alabamacatman New Member

State:
    Phenix city,Ala
    Hey I'm just joining Catfish1 and was wondering if anyone had any feedback on the Charile Brn Octopus hooks.They really look good.I like to catch big blues on cut bait.Thanks Jody

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Nothing really super positive, or super negative.

If the price is right, give them a try :wink:

3. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I've been using them for months now, and I would recommend them for sure. Great hook with a bigger gap from point to shank than about any other circle hook I've seen :wink::big_smile:.

4. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    First welcome to the BOC Kick back and enjoy the best info on catfishing anywhere.
    We sell them, The people that have bought them keep reordering. We have a few that are using them for Flat Heads and tell us there killer on them.
    I use them on blues, they work great. I have them in 5/0,6/0,8/0,9/0 and 10/0. Black then in red in the 8/0 and 9/0. There a heavy made hook. Can handle big fish.
    Also what I have in stock now are $4.99 per pack any size, When I reorder there going up to $5.50 per pack. The manufacture went up on them first day of this month.
    Pete

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Jody.

6. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Jody! Welcome to the Brotherhood of Catfishermen family. We're glad to have you! :big_smile:

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jody Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois.:0a23::0a25::0a25:

8. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    I bought a pack each of the 5/0, 8/0, and 10/0 hooks. I haven't tried them out yet, but years of using circles tells me that these hooks are going to be fabulous. Heavy duty, sharp as hell, and I like the gap on them too. The 10/0 hooks are a dream come true for people that use BIG baits for BIG fish.