Channels

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by Rapptorman, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Rapptorman

Rapptorman New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Here we go guys a couple of channels to show ya'll.
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q265/longj33/CIMG8231.jpg
    and release of course
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q265/longj33/CIMG8234-1.jpg
    then I got under the dock to get one so I had to strip down.
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q265/longj33/CIMG8237.jpg
    also released.

All fish were caught on chicken livers, with a slip weight, a 18 inch lead of line between swivel and slip sinker, with a good ole fashion snell hook to hold the bait. Just East of Union, Nebraska was the location on a lake very close to the Missourri River. In reference to another post, I don't use trebel hooks. I used to think that if you stuck the trebel thru a chunk of liver and then attached it to a swivel it would hold the liver well. Which it does. But my thoughts include the idea that when picking at that meat, a large fish will feel at least one hook, and be dissuaded from giving a keeper bite. Hope everyone has fun fishing this summer, and remember to be an ethical fisherman. Whatever that means... I say if you're hungry, cook it. If not, then not. Good luck and set that drag low for fun not fear.

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Looks like some good fish, congrats on the catch

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Those are some nice Channels.

4. Guns & Cockpits

Guns & Cockpits New Member

State:
    California
    Nice catches! Way to get down there and get that thing!

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    hed been lunch if i had to go in after him,lol. nice channels. and great to hear the c&r story.

6. crappieguy

crappieguy New Member

State:
    Manitoba , Canada
    Just wanted to show off my 1st cat of the year.
    Went to our favorite spot for over 40 years and my wife and I landed 7 cats all about the size of this momma. Used shrimp on my hook and worm ball on hers. Threw frozen bait balls out about a hundred feet using one those ball launchers ,people use to have their dog do long fetches. Made our frozen bait balls out of old shrimp, minnows, worms , anise oil...made them into baseballs wrapped them in saran wrap and froze them all spring until yesterday. Seemed to draw the cats out like a darn. Have to try it again to test my theory. They melt down slowly in the warm water releasing the ground up goodies into the water. Forgot to mention that we ground them up in the blender first.Forgot to mention that I caught these in Lake Winnipeg north of the Red River.

Attached Files:

7. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Really nice pictures guys; thanks for posting your pictures.
    Hi Reg, thanks for the idea,(baitball) let us know how you next time your out fishing.

Jaime