channels?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by fbinsley, Sep 11, 2009.

1. fbinsley

fbinsley New Member

State:
    south carolina
    this may seem like a stupid question to everyone on here...what is a channel? how do i find it? is it in the river or the lake? do i have a better chance of landing some cats in a channel? any help would be greatly appreciated..
    Also, i would like to say thank you to everyone who has helped me out on this sit thus far. I started fishing about 1 year ago and i have learned so much since then but i havent learned everything odviously. But the info you guys have given me has been very helpful.
    I will put up an avatar pic soon i hope...juss waiting to hold up a cat thats worthy of this site..

2. fbinsley

fbinsley New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Also, i do most ALL of my fishing in the congaree.

3. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    a channel would be where a river was in a lake and its usually gonna have some of your deeper areas in a lake. it is also the deeper passage in a river. where it drops off to its deeper areas. i usually can catch fish while drifting down a river channel fishing the different depths as the channel drops off.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  4. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN New Member

State:
    sc
    In the congaree just look for the deeper spots thru the middle of the river and deep holes near the openings....good luck.