Channels through the ice

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by dinkbuster1, Jan 22, 2008.

1. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    thought i would bring this thread up as a reminder that channels can be had on the ice and are actuallly quite aggressive if you know where to target them. http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40188 looks like we will be on the ice once again here real soon. i didnt get back out at all last winter to try again, came down deathly sick for two weeks and then after that suffered a pulled back muscle for the remainder of the ice season. as soon as we get 4-5 inches i will return.....

2. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    hey man nice channel thank you for the info

3. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yo Dink, if you need some help bringing in some channels let me know. I've never ice fished, but I would like to try. I really don't have any time though. About the only day I could go is Feb. 3rd. If we still have good ice by then, and you need a partner, let me know. Oh yeah, I have no equipment either. :embarassed:

4. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    if we have good ice then i will hit you up. no need to worry about equipment, i have plenty of tip-ups and for as for rods/reels i just use my normal equipment.

5. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
  6. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    wow, that doesnt look good at all! well, it wont break my heart, might just have to hit the river one of those 40+ days.

7. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    nice channel thanx for picts:smile2: