Channels & Rainbows

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by KnotGillty, Apr 27, 2009.

1. KnotGillty

KnotGillty New Member

State:
    Northern Califo
    Went camping with 35 friends at Lake Camanche in Northern California. I was the only catfisherman in the group as the rest were there to troll for trout. I tried to convince them that trout fishing was overrated, but they just wouldn't listen.:wink:

I took my girls out Saturday morning for 3 hours and drifted up two channels using makerel filets. There were also some chunky trout caught by the trollers.

Here are a few pics of the fun

Attached Files:

2. KnotGillty

KnotGillty New Member

State:
    Northern Califo
    A few more trout and our campsite as seen from the water

Attached Files:

3. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Hey Randy, that is a nice report and some nice trout for sure. Thanks for the awesome pics:wink:

4. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Randy - those are some ":crazy:Nice Trout & Channels" & thanks for sharing them with us.
    :0a31:

5. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    randy, nice pictures. thanks. loved the ones of the kids specially. if your friends want to fish for those round fin trout, let them. we know the good fighters. :wink:
    good to hear your catching the fish. it's just starting to open up down here around yuma. at least for me. starting to catch a few smaller ones, but water is warming up, and the bite is gonna start up.
    gary

6. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Randy excellent pic's and fish you got there.

7. KnotGillty

KnotGillty New Member

State:
    Northern Califo
    I hate to admit it, but I haven't really been catfishing since October '08. I fished the delta in the Fall for Stripers, and Lake Berryessa in February for trout, but that's about it until now. Spring to Fall is my main fishing time, so I hope to be able to share some adventures and big fish with you all.

I'm psyched about the Clear lake channel cat derby. It's just around the corner (May 15-17). Hopefully I can get a money fish. More to come on this trip in a few weeks.

Tight lines. . .

8. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    I tend to agree with you on trout fishing, although I have done my share of it when I lived in Cali. I do believe it is overrated. They are not a very hearty fish, you have to have a fish basket to keep the suckers alive after you catch them, put them on a stringer and right away they are dead. Don't get me wrong it's good fun and all, but I guess I'm just a die hard catfish type a kinda guy! Anyway nice pics thanks for sharing!:0a22: