Channelcat_Tracker

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by 223Smitty, Jun 5, 2006.

1. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Tony, I want to say something to you. First-off, I've attempted to help you, even sent you some traps. I (as well as others) have freely given you advice, and I've "preached" to you about knowing what's legal as well as ethical. I've made mention that what 1 trapper does, reflects upon the rest of us trappers.

I am wondering if you are listening?

Your last post started out " i know this is probably illegal in iowa ", yet you did it anyway. I'm aware you're a young and inexperienced trapper, but bad habits only grow worse. I DON'T want to lose my right to trap because of things like this.

If I were you, I would ask a Moderator to delete your prior post, and would hope that you learned something from it. Before you ever touch another trap, I'd hope that (again) you get a copy of your State regulations, and read them until you know them by heart, and continue to study them.

If you want to trap, that's great, as long as you do it to the letter of the law. If you don't, and you are ever in my "neck of the woods"....I'll be the 1st to report you to the CO.

Please don't take this wrong....I'm trying to do you a favor.

Smitty

2. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Tony: I came down on you hard for your post maybe to hard but don't get mad or leave us. There are some good people to learn from here. At your age I had no one to guide me. Learn everything you can on this board because sooner than you think time will pass.

We are geting more younger members quickly and they will look up to you and respect what you can tell them

People don't respect you for what you can do or what you can get by with. You get respect for how you do things.

Sorry for being so hard on you.

Danny

3. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    Hats off to Trapper and Danny both!
    Excellent posts.
    Thanks for taking the time to try and help a kid.
    Now lets pray that he is listening and therefore learning some of life's positive lessons....

4. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    yea im listening. just one thing, how do i delete it? i have no clue how to? inform me on how to and ill get the job done

5. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'd asked the Moderators to delete it, and all I can see is it's gone (thanks for whoever did it). It upset folks here (myself included) and only served as fuel for the anti's.

Tony, I think you're a good young man, if I didn't, I wouldn't give you any of my time.

Seriously, I hope you learned something from all of this. You know that I'm more than willing (along with others here) to answer any of your questions. Don't hesitate in asking 1st, before you act, and again, this is AFTER you know your States regulations, as it isn't my place (or anyone elses) to explain them to you.

I'll do anything within my ability to help you Tony, or any other trapper for that matter.....but some of the responsibility falls on you (more like the majority of it). Please don't think you'd made anyone here mad at you Tony, from what I've seen no longer than I've been here, is everyone enjoys your posts, I know I do.

Just chaulk this up to a valuable lesson, and let it fade into the past....and don't hesitate in asking myself, or anyone else here for help. After all, that's why we're all here :wink:

Your trappin' bud....
    Smitty

6. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    yea ive learned a great deal like just plain shut up when you do that. god i hope this thing is all over with! its drivin me crazy!:crazy:

7. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I to am glad it's over it too taxing, LOL , don't worry, enjoy the BOC and remember you are part of it. It's bigger than any one of us.

Good fishing or hunting or trapping.

8. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Glad to hear that Tony. Many most-remembered life-lessons are the ones that are the hardest-learned.

Smitty

9. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    I appreciate reading these posts. Looks like a potential problem was taken care of in a positive way. I think a lot of good was done here.