Channel ledge blue catfish on the Missouri River

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by bluecat junkie, Feb 26, 2007.

1. bluecat junkie

bluecat junkie New Member

State:
    missouri
    For those of you who fish the Missouri River, what has been the best setups that you have discovered early in the year, such as March to consistantly catch bluecats. I have always done well on Channel Ledges and the ends of wing dikes, but I am always open to new and better setups. Thanks for any advice.
    Scott

2. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Once the water temps are up past 50, I'll catch them regularly from the deep outside bend holes with fast water during the day.

3. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Doug,
    Have been out on the river yet? I am itching to go...as a matter of fact I might go out this weekend and give her a try. I got a new GPS and want to give it a try. Good luck!​

4. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Haven't been yet, but it looks like Sunday! I've been itching to get my boat out, I've added some stuff I'd like to try out(GPS, bigger motor). Don't know how the fishing's gong to be, but we're going to give it a shot.

5. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Are ya takin' me with ya?

6. Bigbluefisherman

State:
    Missouri
    I see you guys down south have a new tourney trail this year. That is good to see! The more tournaments the better. I am going to have to get down there and fish a couple. I am not firmiliar with the water that far south, but I am willing to get to know it. I might be moving down south here in the next couple of years, Its nice to know I will have some tourneys to fish. Is that where you fish most of the time?

7. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Usually fish around Independence, but that will be a pretty good run in my boat from Kaw Point. I'm planning on doing it though!

8. lbaker3

lbaker3 New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Doug, do you ever put in at La Bente park, where 291 crosses the river? Just wondering. I never have, but it looks like a pretty nice ramp. Would'nt that be closer to Indepenence?

9. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    That's where I normally put in at. It's actually Sugar Creek, but it's just "over the hill" from Independence.

10. Bigbluefisherman

State:
    Missouri
    Doug,
    I do believe I am going to head do south here the weekend after next. I plan on fishing that tourney on the 31st of march. Are you going to fish that one? I would like to meet you some time. I met Brad last year at a tourney up in my neck of the woods. It is nice to meet the people you talk to on here. Good Luck!

11. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    I'll be fishing most of the KC tournaments as well as the St. Joe King Kat tourney. I'm sure I'll see you on the river sometime!

12. Bigbluefisherman

State:
    Missouri
    Cool...Hope to meet you sometime then!

13. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Doug me and brandon are putting in at lexington today ,let me know how you do up that way

14. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Oh yea had a friend that went out last weekend did good at the mouths of creek ,just a thought.