channel cats

Discussion in 'MICHIGAN RIVERS TALK' started by hear_kitty, Oct 7, 2005.

1. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    limit before 9am on 10-6 on the saginaw bay mostly 1-2lb but one 11lbs on cut chubs kicked that skunks @$$ :grin-big:

2. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Don, I'm proud of you man. :grin-big:

So when are we going to go get 'em next time?

3. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Hay vic have you been fishing? We need to do some fishing! Need to get away with in the last 4 weeks lost a aunt uncle a friend that took his owen life and my wifes grandma just passed away! To much death need to do some fishing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Sorry to hear about your family Don...I can see a flathead in our future around Sal's way if we don't run smack dab into hunting season...get a chance to get a flat before the winter feeding frenzy is over... :0a36:

5. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    How about the 22nd or give me a date/time i'm ready :0a24:

6. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Flatheads in the saginaw river :grin-big: got to love that!!!!

7. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Nov 4 on the river jig and minnow got on a bunch of cat's stacked up in a hole 22-23' was looking for mr walleye but he was not home!

8. jspiel

jspiel New Member

State:
    comstock park michigan
    hey vic:

long time not see. not since the maple in aug.
    this is Jon talking here. i finally found the new site. (i'm a little slow)

did y'all miss me? how did your fall fishing go? How have you been Don?

is sal still around? guess thats enough questions for the irst post.

see y'all soon, i hope.

jon

9. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    hay jon glad to see you have found your way sal is around and vic to!

10. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    My, my, my....

We're all slowly resurfacing on this site! That's great.

All we need to do at this point is grab Sparky out of the woods and tell him to put down the squirrels and back away from the gun!!! LOL

Jon, it is good to see you back.

Cant wait to bust some lips this next spring! (and a few over the winter to hold me over.

SPEAKING OF WHICH.....

Im trying to get a crew together for ice fishing this winter, with the indiana boys and whoever else and us here from "God's Handprint". What do you think fellas?

here's a link: http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4393

We should have an ice gathering. It would be a good idea.

Let me know what you think. Even if it ends up being a winter steelie run or a few of us on some lake for pike or walleye or even some perch or gills... we should plan it out and make it work.

-Sal

11. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Hey Guys,
    I bet you thought I fell off the face of the earth!
    I've been working and hunting. I've been doing well at both. I got a lot of Squirrels and a 7 point buck the opening day, but have not done much fishing.
    I'm waiting for ice!
    I'm having a little trouble finding my way around this new site. I'm not real smart you know.
    I trust everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. Christmas is just around the corner, hope everyone is getting thier shopping done.
    Sparky

12. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    hay sparky we were starting to think you got lost in the woods :grin-big:

13. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Jon, glad you could find the site and it has been awhile since we last spoke on the river in August. Man, how time flies around here (and everywhere LOL)! My fall fishing sort of went like my summer fishing - slim pickings. I did take a trip to the Ohio River and caught my flathead this year. Let's see, one in 2004, one in 2005, I see a trend forming that I would like to break. LOL.

Sparky, glad to see you man. I hope we can get together next year and do some catfishing and chew the fat. Believe it or not I've put the word out that everyone needs to meet Sparky Larson at least once. LOL. Miss ya Spark, hope to see you soon.

Sal, I won't be able to be a part of your ice fishing plans, but those same guys invited me to come their way next year to get into some flats when it warms up again. I don't know what river they fish out of, but it is one scenic looking river in the summer. Go check out some of the photos from Riverscum (Tim Pickering). He told me in chat that they catch 20 a night on average when the conditions are right. A real flathead gold mine if you ask me.

Speaking of flatheads, I am convinced they are in the Saginaw River. The location is not far from where we fished in July. I can certainly see a double dip of channel and flathead catting next year. I'm looking forward to it, and breaking these tantalizing records that are screaming to be broken. I look forward to saving my money on in state trips and really getting after it. See you guys later, and don't be strangers.

14. jross1901

jross1901 New Member

State:
    IL
    when and where is the ice fishing extravagnza?

hope everyone's having happy and safe holidays.
    jim

15. jspiel

jspiel New Member

State:
    comstock park michigan
    hey jim.....

its nice to see that im not the last to find the gang......lol not sure when the ice fishing get together is going to happen, but just wanted to say hi. and to you to sparky welcome to the new site.. :D

later y'all