Channel Cats?

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by KC Jayhawk 78, Mar 24, 2009.

1. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Hard to count the rays in the videos. If these are channels, the one at the end of the second video would have to be a state record, especially if this is in Missouri. What do you guys think? Oh , and yes Im pretty pissed off seeing these hogs being kept. :angry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc48rYpQxzY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MgLW7c0MSA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-VKw719fxE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qHRS4lh06E&feature=channel_page

I saw another one of this guys videos on You Tube , where he was racing a Honda, and the announcer said he was from Branson,Mo. Im wondering where the heck this guy is catching these monsters. If you look at all the fish he's pulling out of the cooler, they appear to be all channels. Im shocked this guy didnt say anything about a state record. He seems more concerned with eating them. The guy in the first video is not related to the guy in the other videos, and Im pretty sure they are in different states altogether.

2. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Trammel net? Hoop Net? Notice in the first vid there's a bunch of drum and or buffalo in the sink.What are the odds that first fish survived after being out of the water so long and being dropped from that high up.Having seen a channel or two,I'd say they all look like channel cats.:sad2::eek:oooh:

3. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    Dunno, Eric. That cat in the first video looks a lot like a blue. The one that
    got heaved over the iron fence? Like he said, hard to count the rays on
    the anal fin fast as it went by. Grass clippings tend to take the fish slime
    off of them. The fish looked pretty healthy. I imagine he survived the
    abuse. Ignorant people do tend to be irritating, but I don't think they
    know any better than to act the way they do.

4. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    the first fish is a blue. you dont have to count the rays to tell the easyest defining factor is catfish have an enormous overbite, that fishs lips line up perfect making it a BLUE.

5. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    That first video mad me sick, there was one common denomanater there in those three different clips, where I come from they use a net. They actually caught one guy netting, and I was happy to see that.

6. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    the second video the first fish was a blue about 25# 5#of that appearing to be eggs:angry:. the second fish is a channel apearing to be around 40-45#. definatly an aggravating video. definatly seeing -- a pattern you should ask how good the eggs were and how manny less of fish like theise he can look foward to NOT catching

7. kansas_catman_16

kansas_catman_16 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    watching those videos made me sick. i cant stand people that kill pigs like that:sad2::embarassed: especially the second video idk wat to say really besides someone needa teach him about a lil conservation

8. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    That sure was interesting, to see how some people handle fish, I d sure be proud of any one of those fish

9. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    the third video the first fish looks like it had quite the struggle with the hook like he was limblined and so did one of the others. my bet hes running lines. other than the obvious over bite on channels you can see that the blues will have a humpback before the dorsal fin. dont think ill watch the 4th unless i need to darn slow dialup.

10. R&R

R&R New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Any body ever find out where these cats where caught at?

11. wndwlkr

wndwlkr New Member

State:
    missouri
    Some people should'nt be allowed to fish. this is very sad.

12. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    If he isn't breaking any laws why shouldn't he be allowed to fish???