Channel catfishing with Mellon tonight

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by flathunter, Jun 11, 2006.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ole Mellonhead and myself went after channel cats tonight, the fishing was slow but we did manage a few, pluse a couple snappers, I think everything came on cut shad..The river temps have dropped 10 degrees and it's June!!! Bryan got stuck with a hook and blood was everywhere..Pics below.

Attached Files:

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Heres what happens when you get stuck by a hook.

Attached Files:

3. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    That much fun and he bleeds too, what a deal. I hope you offered lessond to keep that from happening again.

4. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    looks like you guys got some decent channels but now the real question why didnt he hang his hand over the side of the boat? lol Could of used em for chum LOL. I am wondering who is going to clean the mess up hehe :eek:oooh:

5. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Way to go guys, at least you got a few, always glad to see some success stories locally. Im sure that Mellon will try to say you stuck him with an errant cast, but we all know better, by the way,I hope the finger is ok!

Salmonid

6. Ol Whiskers

Ol Whiskers New Member

State:
    Fairfield Township, Ohio
    What a waste of good chum! At least have mellon hang his hand outside the boat.

7. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Nice bunch of fish guys.

Did you have to bleed all over a nice, clean boat like that?

8. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Good catch guys, Were you useing blood-bait?-- We know your secret now, ( Blood-bait,Made fresh on the Boat ) . I've always said _____use fresh bait__________________________:lol:

9. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    when you took those pictures did you have another light or was that just the flash of the camera?

10. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    A few channels beats you twos normal outings. :lol: I would consider this a step in the right direction. Before you know it, you'll be on 3 to 5 pound flats and living the dream again. :tounge_out:

I am heading out tonight on the GMR for a couple hours. I will probably fish a couple miles down from where the two of you fished. I really haven't quite figured that part out yet. I wish I could fish during the day today. I think they are going to bite when that water is warming back up.

11. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Just the flash from the camera, it does a good job in taking night pictures.

12. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    At least your catching fish brother! Congrats on the catches......I guess you're HOOKED on fishing!:lol:

13. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio

Actually Jack, didnt we have the rear boat lights working?

14. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Nice channels guys, congrats on the catch.

15. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Those are some nice Channels Jack - thanks for sharing the photos & take care of that guys hand (lol).
    :0a23:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

16. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    great picutures. i always love to see them biggens being caught. only i release mine into local ponds. well yea did good. poor mellon, will he ever get the chance to tease someone else?!?!?!?!?!?!...........................NEVER HAHAHAHAHAHA!:lol:

17. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    congrats, on your catches guys.