Channel Catfishing the Great Miami River 7/6/06

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by H2O Mellon, Jul 6, 2006.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was finally able to get Travis (T-Man) in the boat tonight. I've known Travis since he was a little kid (prob 6 years old or so, if I really stop & think about it). I wa shoping to get him a new personal best channel, but failed. :angry: We had abotu 2 hours to fish. I landed two channels, the biggest pictured below. The channel was a fighter! He stayed on the bottom, making me think he was a 5-10# Flathead, then got wrapped in the motor, I got that loose, then got wrapped in the anchor line....Man this little dude was strong. I est him to go about 5#'s. It was a very fun fight. While I was fighting this one, my other rod went down, having a smaller channel (aprox 2-2 1/2 #), it was my 1st "double" since my "Double Flatheads" from last August. Travis had a good time and so did I. It was a fun way to spend a couple hours.

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    sounds good dude!

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sounds like yall had a great time, congrats on the catch.

4. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Any time we can catch anything is a good time. Nice looking pictures!

5. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Looks like you guys had a good time. Man, if that channel you got put on some more weight, he could be around 8lbs, he's got the length for it.

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Nice Channel H2O Mellon! Always nice to fish with an old friend!