Channel Catfish tournament

Discussion in 'TOURNAMENT TALK' started by billfish76, Apr 10, 2009.

1. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Teds Hunting and Fishing of Clover SC is having their monthly tournament this Saturday the 11th out of Buster Boyd landing on Lake Wylie. We launch at 6pm and fish till 1am. $60 per boat CHANNEL CAT ONLY. 3 fish limit

2. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Cary gotta work but thanks for the reminder. Good luck to all!

3. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Team Green will be there,Hope the bite is there.:wink:

4. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Well the bite was there for Team Green:cool2:We managed to win the Tourney last night,12 boats showed up to fish the Teds Huntin and Fishin Store Tourney.We managed 16 cats overall,15 Channels and 1 Blue,our winning weight for 3 Channel Cats was 18.11 lbs and we also won the Big Fish Pot with a 7.0 lb channel,all fish were caught drifting,we never dropped an anchor last night,It was a beautiful night on Lake Wylie,the wind layed down and a slight chill in the air made for a very comfortable night.We finally got over the hump for once at Wylie,it was our first Catfish Tourney win on Wylie after many 2nd,3rd and 4ths,we have won a couple of Crappie Tourneys in the past.This was a very gratifying win and now we can go back to Wylie with more confidence now that the monkey is off our back.:smile2:
    Dieter Melhorn[wyliecat] and his partner Brandon finished 2nd with 17.5 lbs.Congrats to Dieter and Brandon on there finish.The next one will be May 9th out of Allison Creek Access.
    All of our fish were caught in 8-15 ft of water on cut bream and cut shad by the way.

5. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Congrats to Team Green and Team WylieCat.

6. wylie catter

wylie catter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Good job Marty and Jeff.

I think that monkey climbed on to my boat when he jumped off your back. I'm gonna be using some monkey cutbait when I catch him.

7. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Great Job Marty gad to see you got a BIG confidence boost. Sounds like the weather was really nice.