Channel catfish spawn

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by JMarrs328, Jun 6, 2007.

1. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    Is it worth goin out for catties now, or should i wait till after the spawn. Also, would they spawn sooner or later in tributaries to the main river?

2. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    you can still go out, just gotta look for them in rocky areas where they may be wholed up spawning.

3. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    should i look in areas w/ or w/o current? I'll prolly fish a tributary to the main river, that way if i don't catch any catfish, i'll be able to catch a bunch of 20lb. carp. lol!

4. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

how long is the spawn for the channels?:0a21:

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    As far as I know its water temp that triggers thier spawn. They will bite dureing this period. Ya may start catchin em with big fat swollen heads and all scuffed up. All this means is ya got the horney ones. They are also known to spawn twice in the season. Look for the drop offs and things that will break up the current. They will be productive. Good luck to ya.

6. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I dont know the catfishing has been horrible lately. The guy at the bait store told me this is the time they spawn and they wont really wont eat at this time. He said to wait another week or so and it should return to normal. Or it could be the spot I am at is dry.:embarassed: