Channel catfish in AZ

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Nov 21, 2007.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    wheres a few guestions i got for the bigger channels in the lhc area

well then i was catching gills for ( attempting to catch flats ){which was very disipointing } i caught some very small gills " probably in the 2in range.... if i stabbed those little buggers up abit and threaded them on a kahle would bigger channels like them.....

i use the premo currently and caught a 5 1/2 lber last weekend but ive herd everything of cut: carp,gills,shad,and shrimp + the heads of all of them listed+the fellets of em too :cool2: so i guess im asking what is a good cut bait for big channels

plus where would i look to find prime waters for channels

You would think that at a fishing pier ther would be some big cats (under the dock) cause of all the snaged shad that bassers whip of the hook when they die

2. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    You can use the same bait for channels and flats. You will find a lot of channels on your flathead poles as long as your bait isn't too huge, especially using 'gills.

3. SandyCatfish

SandyCatfish New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    I heard canned dog food is good. Just make holes in the can, then throw it out. Chumming. I catch my channels with chicken livers, at patagonia. I am going to try the dog food thing, soon. Sandy

4. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Before you trow it out like that, please find a way to retrive the can once you leave the place, don't polute, leave the place cleaner than it was when you got there, remember you may want to go back and fish there again. If you put a hole in the can and a cord to retrive later that should work.

5. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    I have heard of using dog food, but I have never seen it work.

6. gonecatn

gonecatn New Member

State:
    arizona
    If lhc is where I think it is (I live in SV) just go to Patagonia. You can catch little channels all year long. Big ones get on occasionally in the winter. Fresh chicken liver works great.