Channel Catfish hunting on Keowee Lake in South Carolina

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by flatheadsalyer1, Jun 12, 2009.

1. flatheadsalyer1

flatheadsalyer1 New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    This weekend I am taking the family to Keowee for a little fun in the sun. My daughter and I are on a mission to fill the cooler with channels. The last couple of times we were there we caught tons of 1 to 2 pounders, so we hope it holds true this weekend. My 1 year old will hopefully tie on his first cat this weekend as well, if his attention span will allow. LOL! When we get back I will give a full report. If the weather holds we may try Saturday night to get on a few of the monster flatheads that are roaming in there. Good luck to all this weekend.

Steve

2. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    good luck steve,hope you kill em!:big_smile:

3. cleon

cleon New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Hey Steve, how'd it turn out for ya. I went crappie fishing friday night and before we got set up in Stamp creek we made a run back into Little river and the channels were schooling on the surface. We did manage to catch these two cats on our one catfish rod.

Attached Files:

4. flatheadsalyer1

flatheadsalyer1 New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Never really found a whole lot of fish. We caught 18 all weekend.My 1 year old did catch his first cat. They were all 1 to 2 lbs. I just can't find em' on Keowee, but i will be gettin back on hartwell this week!

Steve