Channel catfish - got some!

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by ken_hawk, May 14, 2007.

1. ken_hawk

ken_hawk New Member

State:
    Halstead, Kansas
    i took my first trip fishing this morning since im out of school now (graduation was sunday). i didn't have anything to do today so i went to the river here in town at 6 A.M. i only caught 4 channels but i had probably twenty bites that i missed. the 3 biggest were 2-3 pounds and the smallest was probably 1-1.5 lbs. i took some pictures too so i'll post em once i can get them onto the computer. even catching 4 in our little tiny river is considered a good day of fishing. it sure was a fun morning :cool2:

2. greatthosu

greatthosu New Member

State:
    AZ.
    Cong. on the graduation. Good fishing.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ken congrats on graduation. Now you will have time to track and catch them cats. Keep us posted on your results. Good Luck.:smile2:

4. ken_hawk

ken_hawk New Member

State:
    Halstead, Kansas
    im heading out to do a little night fishing here in a couple hours. i might as well since i just got back from a date, lol. thanks for the replies everyone.

5. nkccatman

nkccatman New Member

State:
    mo
    Let us know how you do !

6. ken_hawk

ken_hawk New Member

State:
    Halstead, Kansas
    night fishing last night was fun. it was my first time night fishing and wow, it was crazy. i finally got a chance to use my katbobbers and glowsticks and they worked great!!! i didn't even hardly have to set the hook. i had fewer guthooked fish and fewer missed bites. we've had a lot of rain here in kansas lately so alot of debris was washed from upstream. i tried casting by a tree laying sideways in a dropoff in 7 feet of water next to a sand bar. i noticed the closer to the tree i casted the larger the fish were that i was catching. and they all had big bellies, so i think they are getting ready to spawn. they weren't really big, mostly 1-2 pounders, but i had a few 3-5's also. i gotta go back. that night fishing is a blast!

7. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Congrats on ur graduation, and I hope u catch the big one.

8. ken_hawk

ken_hawk New Member

State:
    Halstead, Kansas
    i finally got those pics from earlier this week. i went out again today at 6AM and caught 17 channels. they were hitting one after the other. i wish i woulda had my camera for that,lol. anyways, i'll attach a few pics of some of the fish i got the other day.they aren't huge or anything. the ones i got today were bigger. these ones were all released after the pictures

Attached Files: