channel catfish - fishing november 7th

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by rcbbracing, Nov 9, 2009.

1. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Me and my lil bro went out saturday nov 7th for some channelcat fishing. We were out from 8am till 4pm and never got a hit. We fished every depth with several baits. We moved four different times and still nothing. We used all kinds of baits and even resorted to liver...couldnt even find a dink. In the one location we were i caught a dozen dinks just last week. I talked to a buddy of mine and he had a very similar story about his poor fishing in eastern ohio the same day with similar times. It was windy but thats all that seemed weird. Was something up that spooked the fish? Is it just a coincidence that we did horrible. I thought maybe some of you guys had some bad experiences saturday also. Just curious i thought maybe a front moving through or the warm weather or something through them off...any ideas?

2. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Wasn't just you... didn't get a thing at O'shay all day long... no hits, nuthin.:confused2:

3. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    I caught seven at Dillion on Sunday.

4. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I did everything around the house that I've been putting off on Sunday. Hell, I shudda worked around the house on Saturday and gone fishin' on Sunday.

5. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    went to the SWOCC tourny sat and didnt catch anything..... went out sunday and got 1 channel in the 4 pound range.......

6. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    I tried to warn you Chris. Matt doesn't do so well unless i'm there with him.:tounge_out:

Our first time fishing he caught a Blue that was 1lb shy of his PB, and then the next time he broke his PB with a 20lber. I am his good luck charm. You apparently are not.:smile2:

I think the next time you and I go to the River, I want to go where I spent most of my time this year. I think we could do real well on some Blues there. Hopefully we can manage a trip before the season ends.

7. skunkedagain

skunkedagain New Member

State:
    OHIO
    you all did better than I did.I didnt even get to go.lol

8. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    we had a hard time even getting shad on saturday, ended tp fishing for 3-4 hours never even got a hit that we saw lol, no clickers went off for sure, was still better than being in the house :wink:

9. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    well im glad to hear im not crazy. Any theories as to why saturdays fishing was so bad? Thanks for the info on saturdays fishing for you guys...