Channel catfish biting on bloody lake.

Discussion in 'MINNESOTA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Kelo80, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Kelo80

Kelo80 New Member

State:
    SW MN
    Just lettin you guys know , last saturday we took 10 channels of of bloody lake all about 2 pounds, good eaters! landed one 5 pounder to on cut bait.

2. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    We've been pulling them out of the Mississippi river right in the cities for the last few weeks. Ranging in size from small to over 8lbs I think I heard that someone bagged a 14lber.
    Its been a good start to the year.
    PM me if your interested in some local cat news links.
    thanks
    Larry

3. REANDI NAKE

REANDI NAKE New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    how is the mississippi river lookin ive been itchn to go out there and fish some spots but i figured with all this rain and snow that the river would just be too high and tear at your bait.I think its time to go get my new pole wet Im gonna go hit it up this weekend if it aint to bad out hope theres some sunshine.

4. r_dejaynes

r_dejaynes New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hey Im from Illinois and staying in the cities for about a month? where should i try catfishing at close by on mississippi? I tried the crow two nights ago with three small cats...babies. Also, in illinois We use Alot of Sonny's catfish bait or Boss Hawg stink bait....Does anyone know where i can buy these two at aroung the twin cities? Or what do you guys use to catch the catfish around here....we use a lot of liver down my way also?