channel catfish bite?

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by rocco641, Jul 23, 2009.

1. rocco641

rocco641 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    anybody else finding the channel cat bite super slow lately:confused2:

2. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    haven't really fished for channels lately but while I've been flat fishin they keep mashin my bait but I haven't hooked em. get's my heart goin when I hear that clicker start rippin off though :big_smile:

3. payton350

payton350 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    It has been really slow for about a month for me.

4. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    the only time i've been able to hit them is real early in the morning. i'm talking from 5-8. you'll get to a certain time where it stops dead after that.

5. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    well the fishing is slow around here as well.....channels, flatties everything is slow...kinda a bad year of fishing....so far

hopefully it will pick up soon

6. Iablue

Iablue New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Kinda slow here in SE Iowa but still getting some. Fishing the Mississippi with crawlers around riprap and wing dams seems to work at nite and early morning. Iowa and Cedar rivers are low now but the brush piles and log jams are giving up a few on dip and crawlers. Going out pretty soon here and take some shrimp. Have heard through the area info line that is what is working the best. I use the precooked shrimp, due to the fact that the frozen "fresh" don't last with a dern. I really can't seem any difference with the two kinds. Good luck!

7. mr.snag

mr.snag New Member

State:
    IA
    They have really started smokin around SW Iowa on Primo's Stink bait !! Good Fishing past 10 days so far ..