Channel catfish bait

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by Joe Car, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Joe Car

Joe Car New Member

State:
    Mo.
    I used sonny's blood dip bait over the weekend. I mixed a little vegetable oil with it to make a oil slick in the water. In the middle of the day I caught 1- 3lb catfish on it and had several bites. I only fished for 2 hours due to somone firing up their lawn mower and scareing the fish.
    I bought a spong from walmart and cut it up in small squares and placed it on a #4 treble hook. This stuff works and im convinced with it. it reall attracts flies due to it stinking so bad.

good luck joe
    i like dip bait now,
    the shrimp let me down but the dip bait works

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Joe check out one of our sponsors"Looper Rigs". This rig works great with the dip bait.The bait will stay on longer. :lol::smile2:

3. FourEyes45

FourEyes45 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Mickey I AGREE with you about the Looper Rigs, They work great with Sonnys.

Walt

4. Joe Car

Joe Car New Member

State:
    Mo.
    I'm going to check to see if a good sporting good store has them. If not I will be checking out how to order them. I tell you what that sonny's is some powerful stuff. I under estimated it before I bought it and opened the lid outside the store. I started to mix the oil in it at the rear of my jeep when flies started to swarm me. This was while I was in my drive way. My little nephew who was visiting me from Florida started laughing and was asking what in the world is that stuff. He does allot of ocean fishing with his dad and I guess he never used stink bait before. What ever ingrediant is in it, it attracts flies like crazy. My nephew had a blast, I let him real in the catfish. He's only ten and got board while we were fishing. I then made him a cane pole and I guess he caught approximately 40 perch. He also caught me some bait perch that I used on two poles. He kept me busy taking fish off for him and helping him rebait.
    He enjoyed himself and that's what matters the most.

Joe Car

5. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
  6. BoxxerBoyDrew

BoxxerBoyDrew New Member

State:
    Woodway, Texas
    I just got some rigs like these at Bass Pro Shop in Dallas last Weekend, but they are made by Frebill(sp?). I am unsure of the treble hook size they are rigged with, but I will find out. I am going to Order a few setups from Looper including the Sponge type bait setup hie is selling, and I will post my findings here when I get done! I will have to use BJ's Original Dip Bait as I can't find any Sonny's here in Waco!:sad2: I think I remember seeing some Sonny's at the Gander Mountain in Corsicana though, and I am going to pick some up next time I am up there to see the family!

Thanks for the turning to Looper's Rigs:0a23:,
    Andy