Channel Catfish and Flathead Catfish on Barren River Lake

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by jkm4874ford, Apr 12, 2009.

1. jkm4874ford

jkm4874ford New Member

State:
    Bowling Green,
    Spent a cold weekend on the lake with lots of wind. Caught enough bluegill to set out some limblines and jugs. Ended up with 5 channels and 1 flathead. Averaged around 3 lbs each. Will have fish for supper this week. A few of these are in my avatar.

2. olpie4uk

olpie4uk New Member

State:
    Hopkinsville,Kentucky
    Sounds like a very productive trip! I love that lake. I used to fish it back in the 80's when I lived in Bowling Green. I usually had good trips, each time I went. I'd love to return some day and fish it again, but I don"t have a baoat anymore.

3. 1187

1187 New Member

State:
    KY
    I caught a nice flathead on that lake inetime with a bass jig. I 'd say it has some good ones in it.

4. jkm4874ford

jkm4874ford New Member

State:
    Bowling Green,
    According to the Fish & Wildlife report if is suppose to be good this year. We will see. We will be camping with friends some this year and plan on trying for alot more.

5. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    jkm I live about 5 miles from Ranger Bobs. I moved here last year and started trying to figure out the lake. If you are heading out sometime and need a hand or don't mind a tag along please let me know. I want to get out there some but I am stuck to the bank, I sold my boat in Florida before we moved.