Channel Cat fishing in a Creek

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by fisherman94580, Jul 23, 2007.

1. fisherman94580

fisherman94580 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I have a creek right down the road from my house that's not heavily fished for catfish. The deepest pools in it reach 10-15 foot max. Average pool I would say is 5-8. It's not a very big creek, only about 30-40 feet wide. I know there's bullhead's and channels, and the channels I've seen get to around 15 pounds max, but are rare. There are shiners, creekchubs and bluegill in there. What I'm trying to ask is what would be the best places to fish in it, and what baits for it? I would like to try jugging in it, do you think it would work? Thanks

2. will21190

will21190 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    what creek is it in ky?

3. fisherman94580

State:
    Kentucky
    Banklick Creek, It's in Northern Kentucky.

4. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    thats a pretty big creek and it should hold flatheads as well.id use the creek chubs.use some as cutbait and use some alive.the bigger the better.

5. ohiocattin15

ohiocattin15 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i agree..if there in there, they will bite on chubs, both channel and flathead

6. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    id try a conoe if you have one, go up and down the creek for a few hours one night or day and find them. then once you have yourself a few places where you cought fish. you kno where to fish. i do this whenever i fish creeks and its easy to fill up on channels this way. and its fun goin out canoeing to, so you dont lose even if you come home empty lol

7. fisherman94580

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks alot guys. Good info!