Channel cat baits

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Brendin0702, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Brendin0702

Brendin0702 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Everyone has a favorite bait in the Spring time. If you know what will land the #'s or the big ones, list your bait ( If you fish at Sutton Lake what works good there).

2. Catfishnz4me

Catfishnz4me New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    the best bait i think for catfish is cut, filet or whole crappie. we normally go out a week or so before we go on a serious catfishin trip and go crappie fishing. we catch em and freeze em... some lakes its hard to find shad and herring and its always great to have a back up. i also love to drift big live gizzard shad if you can catch em in a cast net.

3. Brendin0702

Brendin0702 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    If I freeze my bluegill should it be cut or whole before putting them in.

4. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Leave the fish whole when you freeze them. Keeps the juices in them. Freeze them as fresh as you can. They'll still have the slime on them if you use them within a week. They work great man. I just cut them into two or three pieces when I use them cut.

5. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    Good frsh NC shrimp will get the pan sizers all day. Then plunk a nice fat Bream just down from the shrimp lines and the shrimp scent draws the biguns curiosity!

6. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    Use a vaccum sealer and seal them while they are still wiggling, then freeze

:wink:

7. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I use shad sides, or chicken livers

8. rockyr

rockyr New Member

State:
    *Required*
    Mullett is hard to beat. I always catch a bunch with a cast net when I go to the beach and freeze them whole. Mullett is a pretty oily fish and the cats seem to love em.

9. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    I throw a handful of dry oatmeal on the water then use bits of mini marshmallows on a #8 or #10 longshank hook. Catch small shiners or bream for bait.