Channel and Flathead Catfish fishing hole

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by pendog66, Dec 28, 2005.

1. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    I have a question for all of you, i have been fishing a section of the GMR with H20 Mellon and another friend. Flathunter has fished this spot. We have caught multiple channel cats from 6 pounds up to 9. And also there are flathead the same size. What do you guys think the largest Channel is in this area. Obviously they are eating something well. first pick is a 9.1 pound channel cat. second is H20 Mellon holding what i believe is a is his 7 pounder or maybe his 9. d third is a 8 pound channel i caught on a sucker head.

Attached Files:

2. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    How big do you think the biggest flathead is in this hole. I have caught multiple 5 to 9 pound flathead and lost what i thought was a larger fish. And my buddy catfish billy had one on a 8 inch yellow belly that got him snagged. and heres 3 pics of flats that have came out of this hole.

Attached Files:

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nate,

Your killing us w/ the pics! ;)

But I would say the Flats top out around 20# there.

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Everything is right at that spot, depth, cover.... All the conditions are great, but they just dont normally get much over 20# in this area. Sometime you'll be lucky enough & see a 30# but most are in the 10# range, which still makes for one heck of a fun night.

5. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    yes and we also have to keep trying to fish it. but me and mark have been talking about different ways to get to it and also i have some new spots we can try around that area.

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The One Bryan has looks like his personal best flat at around 7-lbs

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
  8. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    7lb personal best. well no wonder you wanted such small hooks, Bryan I just got back from cabelas, and these 10/0 KK's look awful small. The battery for the camera is charging so no pic right now. but they are only about the size of a quarter?