Changing The inside color of my Truck.

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by TOPS, Nov 7, 2007.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I am changing the color of my seats and vinyl trim in my truck. I am going from a dirty gray to a sand color. I am thinking on a Western/Cowboy theme. The inside of my truck is gutted now, no seats, no trim, no carpet, and no head liner. All will be replaced or painted. That dog did a Job on the inside of that truck. I had to strip it to get the pee smell out. I hope to have it completed by the National Gathering. I hope to drive it to the Gathering.

2. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    sounds good top. if you can take some pictures of it during the project we sure would like to see them. would like to see how it progresses.

3. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Sounds like a job to me. you fixin up yer truck now? Sounds great. I havent been on in awhile, to busy. How ya been Top? Need any leather electric seats? come out of a luxury car, grey in color, I was gonna put them in my van, but changed my mind. If ya want them let me know. Would take a little fabricating to put in so dont know if you would be interested. Mac

4. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Well guys and gals, a B.O.C. Members gave me some leather seats for my truck. Isn't it great to have good friends!! Thank you Little Mac for the nice seats. These seats are power everything. They go up and down, back and forward, and I think they even recline.

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Good luck on the project Top, keep us posted on your progress. Sounds like Mac gave you some nice seats.

6. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Yer welcome Top, Thanks for the Tiller, pretty good trade iffn ya ask me.

7. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    Top that's a big job,I've striped out a pickup to repaint it 2 times but I got paid for it,thank goodness I never had to do my own.

8. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Tops like Joey said PICS by the way take it Mrs tops must be close to 100% since yer workin on your truck..:0a23::happy:

9. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Kenny, her hand is getting better, I still must do some things for her but not as often.

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Top good luck on this project.I'll be sure and check the truck out at the gathering.I drove down to the gathering sight last week and there was about twenty campers still there. I believe the BOC can fill the camp ground this year.

11. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I got the dash painted, head liner covered. the cab painted with bedliner paint, and the first coat on the seats. I am out of paint and out of money! The truck project is on hold for a bit. Maybe after the Holidays, I will get started again.

12. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I got the headliner and visors back in the truck, I still must install the wooden trim on the headliner. I took the center jump seat out and made a wooden console to replace the seat. Still must purchase some paint to change the color of the trim that goes around the windows at the headliner!

13. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    How is your truck project coming along? haven't seen a update in awhile. To cold for ya? Mac

14. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I am out of money for now, I hope to hit it hot and heavy after the Holidays.

15. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Sounds like your getting along nicely Sgt., did ya ever get hold of the cruise control on that? I think it was that truck any way?
    R.

16. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Randy, I did find one, I also got my shifter also.

17. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Glad to hear it VL, it won't be long and you'll be towing the boat in style! :big_smile: Altho I myself would be afraid to have reclining leather seats after a long day/night of fishing, might not make it out of the lot for a while!

18. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Well, It took all day long to install a new AM/FM radio with CD player because the old boy took the radio out just cut the wires. found the hot and ground right off but the speaker wires was a dog. As I found a speaker wire it could be the the Right rear but the radio chart said it should be the left frount. Took awhile to figure out but we did it.

19. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Sounds like a long frustrating day Sgt. Glad to hear that your getting it all together, ya got any pics for us on the finished product? Congratulations on your efforts!!!!

20. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I was able to buy two cans of paint, I painted some more trim, I got most of the " Need to keep items" off of the old motor to put on the new motor. The old motor is almost ready to pull. I hope to have the New motor by next week. Now I must get the money to buy the gaskets that I need to put the new motor in the truck.