Changing horse in midstream

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by pamlee101, Jun 29, 2007.

1. pamlee101

pamlee101 New Member

State:
    carrollton
    :tounge_out:

we decided against the bomber..... they sold the starcraft while we were still thinking. so we went outday before yesterday riding round just to see what we could see. found a 1991 sylvan bass hawk. 17 ft long, 6 1/2ft beam, deep v, johnson 88spl and a minn kota all terrain troller (33). cost more than we oringinally planned, but they went from 4700 plus tax to (after a couple hours of us going out to look at it again and more talking) to 3250 out the door. :wink: they had sold not a single boat all day long and it was right at closing time. he said they had never had a day when they didnt sell a single boat. so we kindly saved him from having to go through that. :smile2:

anyway, thanks to all the help and advice on here i think we got a good little boat.

thanks ya'll

pam & Lee

Attached Files:

2. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    That should get the job done! Nice looking boat.

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    3250.00 was a steal!!! That will be a great Catboat! Many hours of fun-in-the-sun left in that one. May you catch many monsters in your new boat!!!

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Pam & Lee you probably want sleep to good for a few nights after stealing that boat. Nice looking rig.

5. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Those Sylvan's do make a fine catboat. Should be safe on the Ohio too if that's where you go.

6. pamlee101

pamlee101 New Member

State:
    carrollton
    thanks ya'll. i thought it was a decent price but was still antsy cause it is bout double what we had planned to spend. but these reactions make me feel better about it.

i try not to think that we stole it, rather that we prevented plapps in florence from having their first "blank" day. :big_smile:

gotta say, i have been on several forums trying to get boat info since we got our big one in march and this place seems more "at home". all you guys seem real nice and down to earth. we reallt appreciate it.

now we just have to learn how to attract the BIIIIIGGGGG fish.

have a good one ya'll,
    Lee & pam

7. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I have the flat bottom version of that one and really like it. good boats as far as I am conserened.

8. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Nice looking boat you bought there! Sounds like you were able to get it at a good price too. Enjoy,and be safe!

9. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    well i knew the starcraft was a deal but i think you out done yourself with this one. nice looking boat!