changes at lake sanchris

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by harvey hudspeth, Nov 6, 2005.

1. harvey hudspeth

harvey hudspeth New Member

i dont know if this has been listed yet, having problems getting around this new sight, but the east boat ramp "next to the campgrounds" is closed, has been for a couple months for remodeling to make bigger & better, i stop by every couple weeks to check & it looks like they've stopped work since they tore everything out equipment doesn't look like it's moved& they wont even let you bank fish the area. i've also heard the 2 baitshops are out of business,they have signs up "closed for repairs" but there is a new baitshop in bullpit/kincaid across from caseys which is on 104 a couple miles from the stawkus point ramp on the southeast side of the lake. A 52lb flathead was caught last sunday out of the hot ditch on live bluegill , just thought i'd fill you guys in, in case anybody was making a drive this way.

2. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Hey Harvey Thanks for the update.

3. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    I jsut moved to the area this past summer, and just last weekend finally found the hot ditch down there at Sangchris. Is it open year round? Looks like a good place for a shorefisherman right now. Is the water always as low as it is right now?

4. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    As far as I know the hot ditch is open all year. It does make a nice place for shore fishing .