Change of scenery

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by Fishgeek, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Today is my last day of work...until tomorrow! I recently resigned from my current position as a fisheries research biologist with the Indiana DNR. I've been with the DNR for five years & have had a great experience -- lots of laughs & lots of learning. But, sometimes an opportunity comes along that's too good to pass up and about a month ago that happened. Since last October I've worked as the assistant wrestling coach at Manchester College (That's why I was virtually nonexistent on the BOC all winter. Between the DNR & coaching I was working 80hrs per week). About a month ago the head coach retired and I was offered & accepted the position. Besides coaching I'll also teach a few classes and run the intramural program. Fortunately, I'll also have the opportunity to do some fish work with one of the profs who's been doing some nice smallmouth bass research on the Eel River.

Even though I won't be with the DNR, I will still do my best to keep you all updated on any surveys the DNR will be conducting that will involve catfish...especially here up north. My DNR friends know I'm a catfish fanatic and they expect me to hound them for data...and for better management!

Hopefully very soon my family & I will be selling our house in Fort Wayne and moving to North Manchester. Once we get settled I'll look forward to getting out with some of you guys fishing the Upper Wabash.

2. JEFFRO67

JEFFRO67 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Hey Matt good luck with your new job :big_smile:

3. snaresman

snaresman New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Matt, Shoot me a call on my cell. 260-927-4451. We need to hook up and catch some fish while talking wrestling. I've got one of your recruits working out at my club.

We can hit the Maumee before you get out of town. I caught 2 flatties Saturday night and missed 2.

Bill Knapp
    Advanced Wildlife & Pest Control

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Good luck with the new job buddy, I help coach here at the High School. Starting to get too old to roll around with those kids though, lol.

5. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member

State:
    Indy
    Good Luck Matt!

6. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    i hope you will still come back n fish with me bro. i know you will enjoy this new job, so good luck and have fun buddy. if you need anything give me a call.

7. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    hey good luck with coaching hope it works out great for ya

by the way how can we apply for DNR jobs that is my goal to get into that field but have not had much luck lately

8. gillage

gillage New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Best Wishes with your new endeavor. Sounds like you've made a good move. All the best.