Chance to hunt out of state! what to do?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by archer1914, Oct 8, 2007.

1. archer1914

archer1914 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    i live in west virgnia and have a chance to go hunt in ohio but finances are tight and i really like the sound of going and a couple of guys that i work with say i would be crazy not to go its on private land its 145$for the liscense plus gas and the time from work to go i would be bowhunting for this trip
    what would u do and have u ever done this

2. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    The wife and I went to wyoming to hunt antelope with muzzies and everyone said we were crazy well we got 2 beautiful mounts and a lifetime of memories!!! They are just jealous!!! Good luck to you!!!

3. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    I have done this many times...as a matter of fact I hunt three different states every year. First thing you want to do is take a prelim trip up there...meet the landowner and make sure of your boundaries and his rules. Ask him where he is seeing deer. Get some topo maps or aerial photos of the property. Then go out and scout, scout, and scout. Become VERY familiar with that state's hunting laws. This will save you some embarrassment and money. Good luck.

4. archer1914

archer1914 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    hey thanks guys i have helped him at my work many times he is a nice guy and very upfront still need to have long talk about location and ground rules but i want my finaces better first keep up with the tips i will check when i have time and evry body good luck and be safe

5. Bullseye017

Bullseye017 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    What part of Ohio and how many acres of private land???

6. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Hi Folks
    I go to Ms deer hunting and look forward to it.:smile2:

7. archer1914

archer1914 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    what part and how much is still what i have to learn been working alot to get ready for season so i dont have to work as much during season

8. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    One needs to look deep inside and see if its a doable thing, If it is great and good luck.

If its not call it as that, We all have been there.

You are the only one that knows, listen to your inner self.

good luck

If things dont work out, Ill take you hunting in georgia.

9. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    If ya got a chance to hunt new ground, by all means go.

10. archer1914

archer1914 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    thanks but that would be even more unless u are offering to adopt me lol it would have to a flatter walk than here at least i love these hills and get angry with them at the same time dont use 4 wheelers if u cant walk it u dont need to be there if your healthy enough to do it cant leave stand in the woods have to take it every time i go in and out i have had 2 stolen when i left them but thanks maybe next time