Chambers???

Discussion in 'GEORGIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by jerseycat9, Jun 22, 2008.

1. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Hey buddy I seen ya reference Balrus creek in a couple of your posts did you mean Balus creek?? Man I had a heck of a time finding channel catfish last night I fished all over flatcreek and Balus area I fished deep I fished shallow I fished points I fished creek mouths and allo white catfish not one danged channel. But we did manage a few nice stripers at dusk not far from the boat launch at Balus :big_smile:

2. rooster1

rooster1 New Member

State:
    ga banks county
    i put in at clarks bridge every other weekend i went sat night up the river. the last three or four times weve been out we only get 3 or 4 cats they havent been biting for me sense may

3. rooster1

rooster1 New Member

State:
    ga banks county
    how did you get stripers were you fishing for them ? do you use live herring to catfish with?

4. Chambers TA

Chambers TA New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Hey this is Teresa. Brian's off the net for a while, but here's his answer. It is Balus Creek. Proceed about 3/4 mile and go left around the island and ease out towards the main channel. You'll be doing a lazy left turn and it will take you back towards Sunrise Cove Marina. Turn into the harbor for Sunrise Marina and go past all the bouys and you will see about 3 or 4 mini coves with only 1 actual dock. It looks like an old silver corrugated tin type house. This area is under heavy channel cat influence. Mostly 3-8 pound size. I find frozen blue back herring, just off the bottom, to be incredible. I would say we've gotten 17 out from 3 outtings there. Make sure you work your way through the coves from left to right. Right after the second one you will see a place of heavy erosion and red clay. It looks almost like someone took an excavator and dug out a flood lane. The water, at the time, was about 12-15 foot deep and was fairly green/blue in color. It showed an awful lot of potential. Working your way to the right you will go past the boat house and another fresh water drain area. There is plenty of cats in this area. I guess I need to do the lat/longs in this area but I'm not used to everyone having GPS's, but if you want coordinates I'll try and get them.

5. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Hope this info helped y'all. I had my wife post it. I was out of pocket for a few days.

6. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Hey Chambers I thought you might find this funny but I did catch my first channel catfish in a couple weeks yesterday trolling out of flat creek into the balus portion at 3 mph with a mans deep diving crankbait at 25 feet down in 82ft of water :tounge_out: I guess you never know where a catfish will show up :smile2:

7. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    That is cool. I haven't had much luck at trolling but that deep water is where catfish head to when it is hot.

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Where is this area you all are talking about. I will be in Columbus this spring and plan on fishing all over GA

9. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Lake Lanier about an hour north of Atlanta. This particular area is in Flowery Branch area. There is plenty of fishing to be done in Lake Lanier. It is fairly large lake and can even be seen from outer space.